cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get paid?

dmellcalifornia
Darrell M Member Since: Mar 2, 2019
41 of 49
Bukola, what method do you have set up to get it so fast? Wire?
benwilsonuk
Ben W Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
42 of 49

Why does it take so long? You already take an outrageous 20% of earnings so I don't understand why you take such a long time to let people have THEIR money which THEY (not upwork) have earned.

hoa_lola
Hoa L Member Since: Mar 26, 2019
43 of 49

My customer argeed to send me money from 21stMar but now it's 27 March but the money is still 

In Escrow, also I've never received any emails confirm 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
44 of 49

Hi Hoa,

After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aafreenshahab
Aafreen S Member Since: Feb 11, 2021
45 of 49

Hi

Can we deliver work via any gmail or outlook account or is it important to send work to client from upwork?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
46 of 49

Aafreen S wrote:

Hi

Can we deliver work via any gmail or outlook account or is it important to send work to client from upwork?

If it's an hourl contract, it does not matter.

If the contract is fixed rate, it may matter in case of a dispute.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
47 of 49

Hi Aafreen,

Once you accept a contract, you and your client can decide what would be the best method for you to use in submitting the completed work. Please know that Direct Contracts can only be used with clients who do not have an Upwork account. For more information, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
davik4life
Victor A Member Since: Oct 8, 2017
48 of 49

Yeah, each request are handled indipendently and after client approves the submission, you get paid into ypiur upwork account immediately and the fund becomes available to you after 5 days of security period.

emily_reactant
Emily G Member Since: Jul 23, 2018
49 of 49
PayPal is instant, and if you use PayPal regularly it will also be near-instant to transfer the funds to your bank account after. Upwork charges $2 to use PayPal as the payment destination.

There's a 5 day security period where Upwork keeps your money after the client has paid. After the funds are made available on Upwork, you can be withdrawing them within 10 minutes having transited the cash via PayPal.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS