cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days do freelancers have to work in hourly jobs such as in USA?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Uzam K Member Since: Aug 5, 2020
1 of 6

Hello there,

As the question says how many days do freelancers have to work in hourly jobs such as in USA as I was thinking to start my hourly job online in USA and I know the working hours per week are different for every job requirements but what working days are actually there in USA hourly Upwork jobs such as from monday to friday or monday to saturday?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
2 of 6

Uzam K wrote:

Hello there,

As the question says how many days do freelancers have to work in hourly jobs such as in USA as I was thinking to start my hourly job online in USA and I know the working hours per week are different for every job requirements but what working days are actually there in USA hourly Upwork jobs such as monday to friday or monday to saturday?

Not totally sure I follow you but typical work days in the US are 8-5 (17:00) Monday-Friday.  I don't really let clients tell me when to work but that is when I expect they will be working.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 6

I saw an hourly job on Upwork and it says this job requires less than 30 hours per week but it also seems like working for the whole week like from Monday to Sunday that's why I posted this question here as I got confused and thought it could be possible that on Upwork all hourly jobs require working for the whole week as I'm new thus I wanna know if I could better do some pre-planning for it if I'm about to start one! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
4 of 6

Uzam K wrote:

I saw an hourly job on Upwork and it says this job requires less than 30 hours per week but it also seems like working for the whole week like from Monday to Sunday that's why I posted this question here as I got confused and thought it could be possible that on Upwork all hourly jobs require working for the whole week as I'm new thus I wanna know if I could better do some pre-planning for it if I'm about to start one! 

That means you can bill at most 30 hours per week to that project.  Some people take this to mean they can always bill 30 hours a week on that project but it is not so, you need to bill the time you actually spend working on the project and the client is specificying it can be no more than 30 hours.

And a week ends on Sunday at 23:59 UTC

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

Uzam - as a freelancer, you set your own work hours and days, as long as you can meet the deliverables you agreed to with the client. The only required days and hours are if you agree to a specific schedule with a client. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
6 of 6

Alright, got it, thanks for the simply defined answer Wes!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS