🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How many days will my existing "free" Connect...
Page options
milosjar
Community Member

How many days will my existing "free" Connects last?

Is there any way to find out when will my existing Connects expire? Those Connects are the leftovers from the previous era of "free monthly Connects", so I'm not sure when they will expire.

I can not find a way to contact Upwork customer support directly and ask them about this.

When I try to contact customer support, only the option to ask a question here is offered (I clicked on the "Need more help? Contact Us" button, I typed my question and clicked on "Contact support", but the website just gives the option to ask the Upwork Community).

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milos,

For accounting reasons, Connects need to have an expiration date. However, we did want to give freelancers as much time as possible to use them, so a Connect will remain valid for one year from purchase. We will notify you before your Connects are due to expire.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
70930ccd
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

As you have mentioned "Connect will remain valid for one year from purchase". But I am a new user I got 50 connect free as I haven't purchased any of them. How long the "free"/ sign-up connects would last.

Thanks,

Wahid.

Hi Wahid, 

Regardless of how they were added to your account, Connects will always expire after one year from the date they were added. You can check this help article to learn more.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
743b2cf9
Community Member

Hello,
I have a few connects at the moment in Upwork.
The Current Billing Cycle is Mar 12, 2022 — Apr 11, 2022.
I am not sure if the connects I have now will expire tomorrow?

Hi Hamendra,

Connects expire if they haven't been used after one year. Each month, your unused Connects will roll over. The rollover limit for freelancers is 200 Connects. 

~Andrea
Upwork
19725ec3
Community Member

Hi Everyone, I just joined upwork and my free connects are getting deducted everyday as you can see. I thought, connect's expiry is not before 1 year. What am I missing here?Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 6.23.10 PM.png

Hi Alongbar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Connects being deducted are for your Availability Badge which is currently on. Please note that if the badge costs 7 Connects, 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 24 hours to add up to 7 Connects for the week.

To turn this off, go to Find Work and look at your profile banner on the right side of the screen. Select the pencil icon ✎ next to Availability Badge. 

For more information, kindly check this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members