cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of You Indian freelancer want a corporate medical insuarance from Upwork?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Somdeb M Member Since: May 6, 2015
11 of 41

Yes it can happen without any dent in upwork financial book.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 41

A lot of the consulting firms here hire people like me as contractors for their clients. They compete by offering healthcare to contractors, but it's not any cheaper than just getting your own. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
13 of 41

But in India group Insuarance is a lot cheaper as well as it has other benefits like pre-existing diseases and maternity benefits and lot others which you can't get in indivisual insuarance

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
14 of 41

@Jennifer M wrote:

A lot of the consulting firms here hire people like me as contractors for their clients. They compete by offering healthcare to contractors, but it's not any cheaper than just getting your own. 

Do they have as many contractors as Upwork? Upwork's power of negotiation is huge.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Leader
Geomaria G Member Since: Mar 6, 2015
15 of 41

Sorry Sir, 

But, please NO!

I don't want it. Please don't compel it on.

Because if health insurance is up, I will go off!

In case you're wondering, why is it a big no with me, please, I am scared of the institutionalization strategy of healthcare. Precisely everything that you quoted sounds horrorific to me. 

Please keep 'Upwork Healthcare' to yourself. 

No offense meant. 

As for your friends ... for people who understand freedom of freelancing, there is no moving out, because this is the ultimate freedom. So, or those who don't, they LUV the institutionalization. Honestly, I have introduced a dozen people into upwork. I have coaxed them to come here, because I know what this freedom is. 

Most loved it, because they felt the pride of finishing a fair job with the best of ethics, with freedom never felt before. but, this does not mean that all stayed for more. No, they had other goals. Everyone does. 

So 

Live and Let live.  

Thanks for heeding, Sir.

Good Day! 

Geo Maria George
Highlighted
Community Leader
Geomaria G Member Since: Mar 6, 2015
16 of 41

Preston, you said everything I wanted to say!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the proposal, being an Indian- NO, NO, NO, NO, No NO NO NO NO NO    NOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... SERIOUSLY, NO! 

I would like to add,

This is how the terror starts. The terror of adulteration. For a majority who are paranoid about their health, they will establish a tomorrow where everyone MUST pay the 'premium' for healthcare. It starts like this. And soon, the only question left will be, 'What makes you so different that you (Upwork) don't need healthcare like the  rest of us (world companies- *%%%^*%^)

Upwork is the only workplace that I don't feel choked in.

Thank You for keeping it beautiful, from Odesk ... To upwork. 

Please don't bull**bleep**.

Good luck! 

Geo Maria George
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
17 of 41
Yes upwork negotiation power is huge because of lot of members
Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
18 of 41

I'm pretty sure most fellow Britons will agree that paying at the point of service for medical treatment is such a barbaric concept.

Medical treatment is free here in the UK, so there'd be absolutely no point in this for those living in the UK or other territories with similar health systems.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
19 of 41

@Daniel P wrote:

I'm pretty sure most fellow Britons will agree that paying at the point of service for medical treatment is such a barbaric concept.

Medical treatment is free here in the UK, so there'd be absolutely no point in this for those living in the UK or other territories with similar health systems.

It's free in France too (well no, it's not free, it's paid by taxes and payroll taxes), but you still have the co-pay. In France we have complementary health insurances to cover co-pays and whatever the Social Security (equivalent of the NHS in UK) won't pay, and I'm sure you guys have a similar system.

Companies are required to partially provide complementary health insurances to employees, but people in small companies and sole proprietors have to pay 100% if they want a complementary coverage.

With this respect, French & Briton contractors could be interested too.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
20 of 41
But not free in India
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS