Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many proposals can I send per day

Highlighted
Patricia F Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
1 of 13

Hello guys,

I've been on Upwork for some time now but took a break in the last few months and since my connects rolled over during that period, I have many connects (Around 200).

I wanted to use these connects but I've heard that if if you send more than 20  unsucessful proposals a week, your account gets suspended, so I am feeling very limited. I don't know to what extent this information is true and I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thank you

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 13

I have never heard of a hard limit, but I am sure I have had weeks when I applied to more than 20 jobs.

Apply to as many jobs each day as you think fit your selection criteria and you have the skills and time to complete successfully and on time.

Just be selective and don't spam the same message and offer to all of them.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 13

They've never given a hard number, but from people reporting what's happened to them here, it seems that you may be judged more harshly when you're new or returning after a long absence, so you probably want to go slowly--don't worry about a number limit, but be very discriminating in what you bid on. Select only jobs that you're specially qualified for and have a strong chance of winning as you ease back in.

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
4 of 13

I often send more than 20 Proposals a week.

My rate as a highly experienced CPA is high (Profile $175/hour) and I average about 3-5% of number of Proposals in being hired.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 13

Joseph C wrote:

I often send more than 20 Proposals a week.

My rate as a highly experienced CPA is high (Profile $175/hour) and I average about 3-5% of number of Proposals in being hired.

But you've been here for a while, working consistently despite the low acceptance rate, and Upwork consistently makes money on you. Others have come here and reported having sent 20 proposals, been hired on one, and been banned before they were able to start work on the job (or even while it was underway).

Jennifer R Member Since: Jan 16, 2019
6 of 13

Doest that mean that there is a limit for people who are new, or newly returned, and if so, is it less than 20 per week? I haven't submitted that many, but was wondering how many myself, since it seems that many proposals don't get accepted.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 13

Hi Jennifer, 

In order to prevent anyone from unfairly bypassing our guidelines, we cannot release specific numbers. I can confirm that do not take action based on isolated incidents of unsuccessful proposals. Only in the unusual case we find a freelancer has been repeatedly submitting many proposals but not winning jobs (or winning few) we take action.

-Avery
Untitled
Zahra S Member Since: Nov 9, 2019
8 of 13

Do you any warning before taking action? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 13

Zahra S wrote:

Do you any warning before taking action? 

They currently don't suspend for excess proposals

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 13

Even though there is no limit, we DO pay for connects now. So I would recommend any newbie to start slowly... start with just a few... get a feel for things. Be selective.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS