🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How much money upwork will get from Freelance...
Page options
jigar-prajapati
Community Member

How much money upwork will get from Freelancer after the new connect changes ?

Hello

I want to know How much money upwork will get from Freelancer after the new connect changes ?

1. Upwork is charging the 20% from every payment/contract/client job
2. They charge after getting money to my local bank

3. Now they are charging for applaying Job using new connect system.

New connect desicion is really good for the freelancer do you think ? what do you think when there is freelance who is new on upwork and have enough skills and now he needs to pay money to post the bid and get the work even if its skilled person.

Upwork is taking 20% cut from every job, then charge another fee for sending my money from your site to my bank account. After that you charge for connect and say its for my own good. I have started creating profiles in upwork alternatives, and if this is what you meant its for my betterment, I really thank you for this.

I do agree that this will lead to less number of proposals and more likelyhood of getting selected. But what is the point of working here if 25-30% goes to upwork. Reduce the 20% cut you are taking to 10% and implement this and then say you care for freelancers.

Do you know that there are clients who just post the job and won't hire anybody? When looking at clients history I have seen clients with a hire rate less than 50. I wonder which freelancer is going to spend $.30 on such clients and I have never seen a job posting which requires only one connect. Wonder where they are hiding.

2 REPLIES 2
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Jigar P wrote:

Hello

I want to know How much money upwork will get from Freelancer after the new connect changes ?

$0.15 per connect.

so.....

2 connect proposal = $0.30

4 connect proposal = $0.60

6 connect proposal = $0.90

Hope this helps 🙂

Jon

opsogreen1
Community Member

Hi Jigar,

I understand you 100%. Also, I agree with that many clients posting a job with 5%-50% hiring rate. Like me, as a top-rated freelancer, I never bid on those projects.

Even I see many clients spend $1M+ on Upwork but their hiring rate 5%. Actually, they are taking freelancer from Upwork and building their own new freelancing platform. They are taking advantage of these new changes.

Not only that I read many blogs and some FB groups posts, many clients nowadays not posting the job on Upwork because of the new fees system. I do believe It's affecting every aspect of the Upwork business model.

But currently, I am afraid and doubt about the Upworks ultimate visions. If Upwork could make a good amount of profit then I am happy to stick with the new system, but I don't think they are. Because without jobs freelancer would not able to make money. Without freelancers support, Upwork not able to move on. 100% interrelated each other.

Also, based on my own analysis Upwork should bring more client from outside for fulfilling the good impact of this new update. Because Upwork believed it will give us/them a good return. Still, I haven't seen any single major hiring improvement after the new changes.

Many other marketplaces are taking advantage of this new change. They are doing much influencer marketing, content marketing, media coverage, sponsoring eCom conference and they bring clients to their own website. Even can you imagine they were a freelancer on Upwork and now they are ruining Upwork business model? I could mention the name here, but I don't like to give them traffic from Upwork. Even still they have Upwork agency profile here. They are posting a job, they are taking the talent from Upwork to their platform(outside).

NOTE: I see many jobs post with 99+ applications with ZERO hirings.

I would humbly suggest Upwork team to review again their business model and bring more clients on Upwork. And take action against those agencies who taking the freelancer from here to there.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members