🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How much time it will take to approve new...
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Hello Upwork Team,

My success percentage is not moving, I have completed 4 successful projects in the last week all with a 5-star rating and one with a bonus from the client too. but my percentage is not moving up. it is 96% since then.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,125 REPLIES 1,125
petra_r
Community Member

Zahid I wrote:
Sir with this feedback and rating is there any chance to get Rising talent badge?

None whatsoever. You'll get a Job Success Score soon though. Either tomorrow or next time, if you complete a couple more contracts and they don't go wrong like the previous ones.

zubi567
Community Member

How much estimated jss according to you with this 5 job's.
petra_r
Community Member

Zahid I wrote:
How much estimated jss according to you with this 5 job's.

Maybe somewhere between 40% and 60%

zubi567
Community Member

That's mean I need to create new account because with this jss I think no chance of getting new project.
Your expert so I need your precious suggestions if you can please?
petra_r
Community Member

Zahid I wrote:
That's mean I need to create new account

You are not allowed to create a new account under any circumstances! Don't even try, you will be permanently banned from the platform if you do that!

Zahid I wrote:
Your expert so I need your precious suggestions if you can please?

You need to improve what you do so your clients aren't disappointed with your work and don't leave public and/or private feedback that reflects their disappointment.

Even if you were allowed to create a new account (which you are categorically not), that wouldn't help if you just carried on as before.

You'll need to be more careful what contracts you accept, need to under-promise and over-deliver rather than over-promise and under-deliver, and only accept contracts you know for a fact you can do 110% perfectly. 

There are no shortcuts and there is no "reset button". You don't get to mess it up and then wipe the slate clean by starting over.

zubi567
Community Member

Thank you so much for your Nice word's. I will work hard and only bid on those which I sure I can do.
Last question can I apply for remove lowest feedback?
petra_r
Community Member

Zahid I wrote:
Last question can I apply for remove lowest feedback?

No, unfortunately you can't.

However, with so few completed contracts you could turn things around dramatically if you complete a few contracts perfectly and with really happy clients. The advantage of only having very few contracts is that every good outcome has a significant (positive) impact on the JSS.

The flipside of that coin, however, is that every poor outcome also has a significant (negative) effect.

In other words: You can't afford to have any more poor outcomes.

zubi567
Community Member

Thank you so much for your help.
I will do My best Now .
😌
8164b93d
Community Member

Hi Petra, 

Can you check my case as well? 

petra_r
Community Member

RABIE A wrote:

Can you check my case as well? 

Rabie, there really isn't that much to check. You have 4 great outcomes, and one cancelled contract, which must have come with poor private feedback.

In future, maybe check the code more carefully before you accept contracts. Either way, because you have so few contracts, just one or two good outcomes will significately improve your JSS.

engr_shahadat_se
Community Member

Hi,

I have some old job but client doesn't communicating with me. Does these job hamper my score?

I would like to request upwork to contact the client on behalf of me.

Thanks

Shahadat

No, it won't effect your score. I have many long term clients and some go quiet for a while, I simply keep the contract open in case they need something in the future. If a year goes by I might politely ask them if they need anything and simply close the contract if they don't reply in 24 hrs. Many times they do come back many months later, it really depends on the client.

umair0789
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I want to ask you about JSS Score.   I got some bad feedback which caused my profile JSS Socre to go down. 
How many contracts do I have to work on that will make my Profile  JSS Score to high?
How I can take my profile   JSS score from 88 to 90?
How many contracts do I have to work on to increase my job score from 88 to 90?

I'm confused, I don't understand what to do   .  And if you tell me about it well So this may end my confusion. 
Thanks!

Hello everyone, I want to ask you about JSS Score. I got some bad feedback which caused my profile JSS Socre to go down. How many contracts do I have to work on that will make my Profile JSS Score to high? How I can take my profile JSS score from 88 to 90? How many contracts do I have to work on to increase my job score from 88 to 90? I'm confused, I don't understand what to do . And if you tell me about it well So this may end my confusion. Thanks!

Hello Umair, FYI, it is extremely hard to predict/measure the JSS future result. Here are some tips that might be useful to decrease your confusion a bit:
- JSS mostly affected by clients' Private Feedback. Which will never be revealed to you.

- The impact of each contract could vary according to the contract's budget and duration; So long-term contracts/ Contracts with a higher budget could affect your JSS more than short-term contracts/ Contracts with a lower budget.

- More factors are added to the JSS equation.

That's why it is impossible that someone could answer your question the way you want. However, You could still fix this by trying to finish more successful contracts as you could and you'll find a boost in your JSS soon enough. 

I hope this helps.

kamel_mohamed
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got my first JSS calucalted, but I am surprised it's 76%,

I have had 4 successful contracts. In addition, there is an other contract that was started by mistake and is now closed, but is's not a zero paied contract as I came to an agreement with my client to pay my a $5 bonus after closure,

Is it possible the JSS will catch up the paied bonus as it was 5 days ago, and "My stats" is showing "Last updated 21 Feb 2021" under "My badges"

Any suggestions?

Best regard,

Mohamed

Mohamed K wrote

Yesterday I got my first JSS calucalted, but I am surprised it's 76%,

I have had 4 successful contracts. In addition, there is an other contract that was started by mistake and is now closed, but is's not a zero paied contract as I came to an agreement with my client to pay my a $5 bonus after closure,

0 paid contracts have no effect on the JSS unless they come with poor private feedback.

You must have had at least one contract with really poor private feedback (the stars are irrelevant).

Thanks for the clarification,

I have another question, does a partial refund affect JSS?

Mohamed K wrote:

I have another question, does a partial refund affect JSS?

Only if there is poor private feedback

shivani2610
Community Member

Hey there!
I have an open contact where the client is supposed to send me work every week but he only sent me work for the first week and then never reached back to me. Although I have my payment for the first week, but the contract is still open. I wish to know that if I close the contract, would it affect my JSS and if so should I keep the contract open?

Hi Shivani,

You can give time for your client to respond. If you decide on ending the contract, it would be best to let your client know as well, and explain why you decided to end it. Ending the contract doesn't directly affect your JSS but the feedback will. If the client left negative feedback, this will affect your JSS negatively. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mohammaddosoukey
Community Member

Hello,
I have two questions or cases towrds JSS and contract end reason.
1. I have to end client's contract and mentioned the reason of end: other. then I explained what happened.
On th the other side, client didn't provide feedback, but I got paid.

So, how that does effect on JSS?

2. For contracts are in dispute, when JSS consider their feedback? after/before dispute?
I mean if contract in dispute, that would exclude client's feedback from consider until dispute solved? as I can see N/A in client's feedback side.

That's it.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammad D wrote:

1. I have to end client's contract and mentioned the reason of end: other. then I explained what happened.
On th the other side, client didn't provide feedback, but I got paid.
So, how that does effect on JSS?.

1. It doesn't affect the JSS

Mohammad D wrote:

2. For contracts are in dispute, when JSS consider their feedback? after/before dispute?
I mean if contract in dispute, that would exclude client's feedback from consider until dispute solved? as I can see N/A in client's feedback side.

2. No, it does not exclude the feedback, public or private. The feedback stands no matter what the outcome of the dispute is. You see "N/A" because nothing has been paid to you yet, but private (no public) feedback has been left when the client cancelled the contract. The JSS effect comes from the private feedback.

Hardeep P wrote:

What if, I end, one inactive contract. The client isn't responding, would that gonna affect my JSS?

No, it won't.

hardeep_p
Community Member

Hey Community,

I got a quick one for ya. After a long time, I am active on Upwork again and was wondering. What if, I end, one inactive contract. The client isn't responding, would that gonna affect my JSS?

Thanks

Hardeep

m-ishtiaq
Community Member

hi , i need help to approve my two projects that feature is recently added. How much time it will take to approve .

Ishtiaq Q wrote:
hi , i need help to approve my two projects that feature is recently added.How much time it will take to approve because i want my projects to be shown early in starting of the catalog service page.

5 to 7 days and *everyone* wants "their" projects shown early... Just wait like everyone else.

Thank You So Much for reply . I thought there is any issue with my account because fiverr approve gigs instantly ... 🙂
zubi567
Community Member

Hey there, hope so your doing well.

I have a question yesterday I completed a project with 5 star And Question is how much time it take to increase my jss?
And how much jss will increase?
petra_r
Community Member

Zahid I wrote:
I have a question yesterday I completed a project with 5 star And Question is how much time it take to increase my jss?
And how much jss will increase?

The JSS will be updated on Sunday evening UTC. I is hard to say how it will affect your JSS, it's only a $5 contract and public feedback doesn't mean much anyway. You'll have to wait and see,

7e1fdfb1
Community Member

I started on Upwork a while ago, I managed to score a few good income jobs which I received 5 stars for (gave me 89% JSS) then I took a break and came back recently and took 3 more projects now which I have all completed successfully and received 5 stars feedback. All the jobs on my profile are 5 stars and nothing less but my JSS hasn't moved?

Either way if you think about it in a logic way having ONLY 5 star jobs/reviews should give you 100% JSS but it's weird how Upwork's system works

petra_r
Community Member

Hichem L wrote:

I started on Upwork a while ago, I managed to score a few good income jobs which I received 5 stars for (gave me 89% JSS) then I took a break and came back recently and took 3 more projects now which I have all completed successfully and received 5 stars feedback.

It will update on Sunday. It only updates every 2 weeks on a Sunday afternoon/evening UTC.

7e1fdfb1
Community Member

Fair enough thanks

asmaareej
Community Member

Need to fix my JSS Score:

i have 4 Jobs Completed 
3 Jobs 5 Star
1 Job 4.7 Star ( this i doubt that my client give it for a reason, and i think i should consider with coomunity how to resolve it ) 

is it possible to talk with Upwork support and explain my sitaution because i believe there is something wrong 

2b9daefa
Community Member

hello, 

quick question regarding my JSS

my jss was 68% due to 1 bad and 1 not so good feedback,

but i had good more projects so now its 78% still i need to make it more then 90% atleast to keep getting projects just wanted to ask, as i have 5 completed project and 3 in process, out of in process project 1 small project which i did along time back client and me stopped working, i asked client to close this project but seems he is very bussy, so if i close that contract by my own so does it gonna affect my JSS? if that client dnt give feedback once i close so that contact gonna affect jss? and if yes so it gonna affect positively or negatively?

petra_r
Community Member

Satish K wrote:

if i close that contract by my own so does it gonna affect my JSS? 

No

Satish K wrote:

if that client dnt give feedback once i close so that contact gonna affect jss? 

It will have no effect at all.

marietta_tipon
Community Member

Is there a way that Upwork can help below 90% JSS score freelancers? I notice that below that JSS rate even if I know I am very much qualified and also clients' viewing my profile I am not hired. I have been buying connects weekly and yet I cannot get a job. 

Community Member

Hi,
Why my Job Success Score (JSS) not updated till now? It's been 4 weeks since it was updated. It was updated on March 3, and today it's March 31. I am really waiting for my JSS to be updated soon. Please help me and find a solution.
Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Arpita B wrote:

Hi,
Why my Job Success Score (JSS) not updated till now? It's been 4 weeks since it was updated. It was updated on March 3, and today it's March 31. I am really waiting for my JSS to be updated soon.

It wasn't updated on the 3rd. It udates every second Sunday, late afternoon - evening UTC and was updated on the 7th and the 21st.

Chances are your JSS might change this Sunday. Maybe not in the direction you wanted.

Community Member

Thank you.

raja-king
Community Member

my job success score is not increasing since 6 or 7 weeks I have got some good feedback also

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths