🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How my profile will look like when I change m...
Page options
huongquynhnguyen
Community Member

How my profile will look like when I change my language fluency?

My English level is currently Fluent and is verified. I want to change it to Bilingual but I'm afraid before it's verified again, clients won't be able to know that I am at least "fluent" in English. So I'd like to ask what will others see on my profile once I change it?

Also, what are the requirements for the language level to be verified as "Bilingual"? 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Huong,

If you're not verified as bilingual when you make the change there won't be a verification badge next to your English proficiency. 

You can get English verified either by being rated by 3 clients when ending your contracts or by taking an English verification test (including IELTS - English Proficiency Exam, Cambridge, and Duolingo). If you choose to take the test via Duolingo, you can add it to your profile by clicking Share Certificate > Upwork once you finish.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Huong N wrote:

My English level is currently Fluent and is verified. I want to change it to Bilingual but I'm afraid before it's verified again, clients won't be able to know that I am at least "fluent" in English. So I'd like to ask what will others see on my profile once I change it?

Also, what are the requirements for the language level to be verified as "Bilingual"? 

Thanks!

"Bilingual" means that you grew up speaking English and can speak and write  just as well as you can in your native language. From reading your profile, I can see several mistakes that a native/bilingual English speaker wouldn't make, so it might be best if you keep your level at "fluent". 

Thanks for your suggestion 😁 I need to work more on my English then

AndreaG

Hi Huong,

If you're not verified as bilingual when you make the change there won't be a verification badge next to your English proficiency. 

You can get English verified either by being rated by 3 clients when ending your contracts or by taking an English verification test (including IELTS - English Proficiency Exam, Cambridge, and Duolingo). If you choose to take the test via Duolingo, you can add it to your profile by clicking Share Certificate > Upwork once you finish.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks a bunch!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths