cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How one can change registered email address with Odesk?

jagwindersingh
Jagwinder S Member Since: Feb 2, 2015
1 of 10

I have created my account using yahoo email. For some unaviodable reasons I want to change my email address. Is it possible?

manu29276
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
2 of 10

Hello Jagwinder

You can definitely change your email address. When you log-in to your oDesk account, click on “gear” icon (aka settings) at the top right of your screen.

Click on Contact Info and then Edit under Account, there you may be able to change your email id.

Best,

Manish.

Edit: Make sure new email address that you provide is not associated with any other oDesk account.

yui101
Herbert M Member Since: Nov 14, 2010
3 of 10

Hello Sir,

Can i change it back anytime i want?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Herbert,

Yes, you can change the email address associated with your Upwork anytime. Just follow the instructions Manish shared earlier on this thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork
vmams_
Carmel V Member Since: Nov 6, 2016
5 of 10

Hi, Ma'am!

Why is it that every time I try to edit and update my email address, the confirmation -- which serves no link for confirmation, itself -- is always sent to my previous email (the one I want changed)?

My new one gets not a notification. 

Hoping for your best answer.

Thank you. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Carmel,

You should have received an email with a confirmation link on the email address your tried to add. Please check if the email address is entered correctly, check your spam folder and use the resend button in your Upwork account Settings if you can't find the confirmation email. Also, check if you might have set the forwarding option on the second email address. 

If you're still having trouble confirming the new email address, please contact Customer Support.

Untitled
vmams_
Carmel V Member Since: Nov 6, 2016
7 of 10

Hi! I'm still having trouble with changing my email -- my old registered email address is still the one receiving the notification, and without a link provided.

Please see attachment for reference. 

Thank you so much!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 10

Hi Carmel,

The email on the screenshot you shared is a notification that's sent to the old address about email being changed. Please, log into the new email and click the confirmation link to verify your new email address.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
hannahm28
Rochelle Hannah M Member Since: Nov 11, 2016
9 of 10

hello everyone! i tried to follow mr manishe's instruction, when i went to settings and contact info it didnt navigate me to where i can edit my email...the page always shows security question which i havent done answering yet i just created my profile recently...please help thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 10

Hi Rochelle,

Your profile needs to be approved first before you can start using your account. Please follow the outlined steps, complete your profile and submit it for review.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS