🐈 Community
doland
Member

How the heck do I get my money??

Did Upwork purposely hide the way to get your money?? It seems suspicious that it's not easy and I had to come to a freaking forum and ask others. It should be right there, in big letters, with a big fat button that reads, "Withdraw Money" or something.

 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**, Upwork? Maybe you can hire on of the freelancers on here to rediseign your user interface. 

 

So I got the email that says i was paid $40 but when I click there's no way to get it. It doesn't matter that it's a small amount, I'd rather have it in my bank account than in Upwork's where they get interest on it. Any one know how to get it? 

8 REPLIES 8
colettelewis
Member


@doland R wrote:

Did Upwork purposely hide the way to get your money?? It seems suspicious that it's not easy and I had to come to a freaking forum and ask others. It should be right there, in big letters, with a big fat button that reads, "Withdraw Money" or something.

 

What the hell, Upwork? Maybe you can hire on of the freelancers on here to rediseign your user interface. 

 

So I got the email that says i was paid $40 but when I click there's no way to get it. It doesn't matter that it's a small amount, I'd rather have it in my bank account than in Upwork's where they get interest on it. Any one know how to get it? 


Go to "Reports" on your home page  and see where the payment is at. If it was a fixed-rate job (paid into escrow), your client has 14 days to assess the job and approve payment. He/she can also do this immediately. When Upwork tells you you have been paid, it means the client has approved your work and agreed to release the amount in escrow. It then takes another 5 days or so for Upwork to clear the amount into your account to be withdrawn by you to whatever payment method you have set up.

 

Don't rant against this. It is the way it is.

And, as UPwork has repeated over and over, they do not earn interest on the monies in the system.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Doland,

 

As Nichola explained, there is a 5-days security period for all payments on Upwork. You can check the status of your earnings under Reports> Overview. On that same page you'll see "Get Paid" button under your Available tab.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Ice cream cone aside, I'm amazed a profile pic wearing shades was approved, unless the OP's blind, but that's unlkely for a graphic designer. 

__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce


@John K wrote:

Ice cream cone aside, I'm amazed a profile pic wearing shades was approved, unless the OP's blind, but that's unlkely for a graphic designer. 


 It's a head-scratcher, isn't it?


@Virginia F wrote:

@John K wrote:

Ice cream cone aside, I'm amazed a profile pic wearing shades was approved, unless the OP's blind, but that's unlkely for a graphic designer. 


 It's a head-scratcher, isn't it?


Almost as much of a head-scratcher as people starting to use the platform without knowing a whit about it over and over and over and over and over again. Could you, even for a moment, fathom doing work without knowing how you were going to get paid? It'a baffling.  


@Melissa T wrote:

@Virginia F wrote:

@John K wrote:

Ice cream cone aside, I'm amazed a profile pic wearing shades was approved, unless the OP's blind, but that's unlkely for a graphic designer. 


 It's a head-scratcher, isn't it?


Almost as much of a head-scratcher as people starting to use the platform without knowing a whit about it over and over and over and over and over again. Could you, even for a moment, fathom doing work without knowing how you were going to get paid? It'a baffling.  


 Yes, that's better. A baffling head-scratcher ... à la mode.

tlsanders
Member


@doland R wrote:

Did Upwork purposely hide the way to get your money?? It seems suspicious that it's not easy and I had to come to a freaking forum and ask others. It should be right there, in big letters, with a big fat button that reads, "Withdraw Money" or something.

 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**, Upwork? Maybe you can hire on of the freelancers on here to rediseign your user interface. 

 

So I got the email that says i was paid $40 but when I click there's no way to get it. It doesn't matter that it's a small amount, I'd rather have it in my bank account than in Upwork's where they get interest on it. Any one know how to get it? 


 Wow. You didn't bother to read any of the help materials or user agreement before you started working here, and then you didn't bother to read them again after you did the job and couldn't figure out how to get your money, and now that's Upwork's fault and it's suspicious?

 

Getting money is super-easy for the millions of freelancers who read the instructions. If that's more than you can handle or think should be expected of you, you may not be suited to freelancing.