🐈 Community
jillitahorton

How to Change E-mail Address ?

How do I change my e-mail address? When I go into the “My Freelance Profile” page, I can see that it says “(change)” to the right of my e-mail address. But when I click on “change,” all it takes me to is the “Contact Info” page, and there is no function for changing my e-mail address. There is no “edit” function where my e-mail address is, or anywhere for it on the page. Oddly, the support page says that to “edit” your e-mail address, just click the “Settings” icon. This only brings me around in circles. The “Contact customer support” link is useless because it does not lead me to an e-mail address for support or a way to even blindly type a message out to them. Please help, anyone. I MUST change my e-mail address because the address gets loads of spam every day. Thank you!
14 REPLIES 14

The contact customer support link takes you to this page https://support.odesk.com/home Look at the right hand side of the page. See the green button that says "Submit A Request"? That should popup a form on your computer screen that says "Submit a Request". Ask your question and send off that form. To change your email address, go here: https://www.odesk.com/UserSettings/profile There is an EDIT link to the right of the word "Account" in the grey bar. Click it. Email becomes an editable field. Edit it. Click Update. Done

i am trying to change my email id with new one in profile settings but an error occurs that email is already in use. i believe once i created a new user profile with that email but i just close that account when i found my previous account of odesk. Please help me and thank you in anticipation.

Hi Muhammad, It sounds like the system doesn't let you use the address because you used it before for an account on oDesk. You need to contact Customer Support, and they can assist you with releasing that email address so it could be used with your account. Note that it is against oDesk Policies to create more than one account on the platform.
~ Valeria
Upwork
e16784dc

I recently changed my email, but now I want to go back to my old one, and it won't let me.  A message in red says "The email you entered already exists in our system". 

What can I do to put my previous email back?

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Barry,

I see you had opened two accounts on Upwork, one of which was closed the same day. I suspect the email you're trying to add was used for registering the closed account, so please check in with Customer Support and our team will assist you with changing your email address.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello Vladimir. I have the same problem as Barry and I can't solve it from Customer Suport. How could you help me with this?

Hi Federico,

You can change your email by going to Settings > My Info, did you try this steps? If yes, do you receive any errors? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, thanks for your response. The problem is that it does not allow me to use an email that I used in a previous account that I already deleted. How could I solve it?

Hi Federico,

In this case you won't be able to change your email with the email that you have already used. Please keep in mind that opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS. If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

please i am not finding the option where should i go to change the email

Hi Muhammad,

You can change your email by going to Settings > My Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

there is no "my info" category in Settings page.

@Richard B wrote:

there is no "my info" category in Settings page.

There is "Contact Info"

contact info 1.jpg

contact info.jpg

Upcoming Events
Oct 27
Nov 29