🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to Contact Support to Report a Client...
Page options
theresa-blair
Community Member

How to Contact Support to Report a Client?

Everything on UpWork's site indicates they want to protect members, and it says:

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I THINK I’M THE VICTIM OF A SCAM?

We take security seriously at Upwork. If you think you’re the victim of a possible scam, immediately contact Customer Support – or use one of the “Flag as inappropriate” links throughout the site.

But... it is apparently impossible to contact customer support. So if I feel that a client was inappropriate, how do I contact customer support??

Their Customer Support page is completely useless, and it seems that they work pretty hard to protect themselves from actually accepting any real communication. Not feeling very "protected" here.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Theresa,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

Just to confirm that I`ve escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible.
I`m also investigating why you were not able to reach our Customer Support and will escalate it further if it's needed or make an update here.

Update:
I checked this from your end and I was able to follow the steps for successfully submitting a ticket and connecting with our Customer support.

When you click on the button Get Help a new window will be opened to write your question. On the second tab at the bottom, you will need to click on the Dislike button "I Still Need Help" and a ticket will be created.

Capture.PNG

If you have received any errors on your end let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Theresa B wrote:

Everything on UpWork's site indicates they want to protect members, and it says:

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I THINK I’M THE VICTIM OF A SCAM?

What happened?  You can use the "flag as inappropriate" option on the job post to alert Support and explain what the issue is. But ultimately you have to protect yourself.

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Theresa,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

Just to confirm that I`ve escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible.
I`m also investigating why you were not able to reach our Customer Support and will escalate it further if it's needed or make an update here.

Update:
I checked this from your end and I was able to follow the steps for successfully submitting a ticket and connecting with our Customer support.

When you click on the button Get Help a new window will be opened to write your question. On the second tab at the bottom, you will need to click on the Dislike button "I Still Need Help" and a ticket will be created.

Capture.PNG

If you have received any errors on your end let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths