cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting personal data before account creation

Highlighted
Shaahin S Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
3161 of 3,164

I was in the process of creating a freelancer account in the UK. I have uploaded my photo. I had to stop the process as I moved abroad. I am not interested in having an account in Upwork anymore. But I am not able to delete my already saved data. Since my account is not created yet, I am not able to delete it. However, it still shows my name and photo in public search (e.g. Google). I don't want my personal data to be public and I believe Upwork has a responsibility under GDPR to allow me to erase my details. Is there any way to delete my name and photo before account creation? 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3162 of 3,164

Hi Shaahin,

We’ll close your account from our end shortly and we will take steps to remove personal data from your closed account so that it is no longer visible on the platform or in searches.

We understand your questions about deleting your personal data. Please know that Upwork makes confidentiality and protection of our users’ privacy a priority, and we abide by the commitments we make to you in our Privacy Policy.

Feel free to use this form to access and request the deletion of your data. The Google Removal Tool is used to request that information be removed from Google web and image search results. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Doug S Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
3163 of 3,164

I am not able to cancel my account - can someone please help?  

I do receive the pop-up window to select a reason why cancelling, but no way to move forward from that screen.

Thank you very much!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3164 of 3,164

Hi Doug,

It looks like you successfully closed your account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS