Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone Support

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3791 of 6,252

Hi Yvonne,

I would just like to confirm if you are referring to this account that you used to post here in the community. Please let us know so we can assist you with your concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9ce0505a
Zarnie P Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
3792 of 6,252

can you please delete this account thank you

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3793 of 6,252

Hi Zarnie,

Your account is closed now, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shaahin83
Shaahin S Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
3794 of 6,252

I was in the process of creating a freelancer account in the UK. I have uploaded my photo. I had to stop the process as I moved abroad. I am not interested in having an account in Upwork anymore. But I am not able to delete my already saved data. Since my account is not created yet, I am not able to delete it. However, it still shows my name and photo in public search (e.g. Google). I don't want my personal data to be public and I believe Upwork has a responsibility under GDPR to allow me to erase my details. Is there any way to delete my name and photo before account creation? 

bstojadinovic
3795 of 6,252

Hi Shaahin,

We’ll close your account from our end shortly and we will take steps to remove personal data from your closed account so that it is no longer visible on the platform or in searches.

We understand your questions about deleting your personal data. Please know that Upwork makes confidentiality and protection of our users’ privacy a priority, and we abide by the commitments we make to you in our Privacy Policy.

Feel free to use this form to access and request the deletion of your data. The Google Removal Tool is used to request that information be removed from Google web and image search results. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
doug_e
Doug S Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
3796 of 6,252

I am not able to cancel my account - can someone please help?  

I do receive the pop-up window to select a reason why cancelling, but no way to move forward from that screen.

Thank you very much!

bstojadinovic
3797 of 6,252

Hi Doug,

It looks like you successfully closed your account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fhattan
Francesca H Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
3798 of 6,252

I made an Upwork account with an old phone number and it sat untouched. Now, in trying to update my profile, I am consistently prompted to verify the old number - I can't. Upwork is not accepting my new number as verification. 

I would like to delete my account without fuss. I can't delete what has not been verified, nor can I verify what I have. Please help. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3799 of 6,252

Hi Francesca,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gardecki-sabai
Sabai G Member Since: Oct 12, 2019
3800 of 6,252
Goran,
I'm having this same problem. Could somebody please remove my account from the website for me? I can't verify my phone number and I no longer want an account.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS