cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find where to delete my account

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3261 of 3,312

Hi there, 

I'll go ahead and close your account as requested. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Wendy W Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
3262 of 3,312

I created an account some years ago and don't remember the login I used. However it is showing up at the top of my google search results, is filled with outdated information, and I want this account deleted! I had to create a new account just to access this community to ask the question since I can't find any customer service number. Please help me. Since it's a TOS violation to have more than 1 account then please delete BOTH accounts. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3263 of 3,312

Hi Wendy, 

I was able to locate your account, and I'll go ahead and close both the accounts as requested. 

-Avery
Untitled
William C Member Since: Aug 23, 2019
3264 of 3,312

I was invited to an Upwork team by someone I am working with and in the process of accepting it I created an empty client account that I have no interest in using, is empty but persists anyway.

When I go to settings and try to close this useless client account - while it clearly says on the same page that it is the empty one it then forwards me to an error message which incorrectly says that I am trying to delete my colleagues team (which I was NOT) and don't have the permission to do so. This same error message pops up when I switch to the team my colleague is running so it seems to be an error where the Upwork system does not realize I was in my empty team even though the UI says that is the context I'm in. Thus it interprets the close account as an error since it assumes I mean the other client account... Please fix this bug and preferably delete my blank client account.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3265 of 3,312

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To close your account, please contact your Company owner and request to be removed from the team. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Anthony H Member Since: Aug 26, 2019
3266 of 3,312

I can't close my account because it redirects me to the create profile page. I can't create my profile because the verify phone number button doesn't work. So I can't do anything.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3267 of 3,312

Hi Anthony,

We’ve closed your account from our end, thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Raleigh F Member Since: Aug 26, 2019
3268 of 3,312

I do not have the "close my account" option in my settings.

I do not want a client account. Can you close this for me?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3269 of 3,312

We closed your account from our end, Raleigh. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Violeta M Member Since: Aug 26, 2019
3270 of 3,312

Hi, could you close my account as well? I have the same issue.

Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS