Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3411 of 3,555

Hi Art,

Your account is now closed, thank you.

Untitled
A A Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
3412 of 3,555

Hi everyone,

I used my business e-mail adress to make an account on Upwork at the beginning of the year. I switched jobs, delete the e-mail adress and forget to also delete my Upwork account. I found out last week that my Upwork account is still online, so I wanted to delete it. The problem is that I don't remember my password anymore and I can't see the link to a new password, because Upwork sends it to my work e-mail (which does not exist anymore).  I now had to make another account so I could ask this question. Can someone help me get my password for the other account so I can delete it?

Thank you!

3413 of 3,555

Hi A A,

One of our team members will reach out t you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

Untitled
Victoria H Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
3414 of 3,555
How do you delete/cancel an entire account that's never been used? I show up in Google search and want to stop that for an unused account
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3415 of 3,555

Hi Victoria,

Could you please send me a PM with the username and email address of the account you need help with closing? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.
After the account gets closed, you will need to request from Google that the search result is removed. You can submit removal requests through your own Google account. The Google Removal Tool is used to request that information be removed from Google web and image search results. You may request this through this link.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Catie H Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
3416 of 3,555

I'm having the same issue. I want to delete my account, but it's stuck in some weird profile loop where it says someone else is using my phone number. I want to delete any and all accounts associated with my name. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3417 of 3,555

Hi Catie,

I was able to locate your old account and now both your accounts have been closed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Francesca H Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
3418 of 3,555

I made an Upwork account with an old phone number and it sat untouched. Now, in trying to update my profile, I am consistently prompted to verify the old number - I can't. Upwork is not accepting my new number as verification. 

I would like to delete my account without fuss. I can't delete what has not been verified, nor can I verify what I have. Please help. 

3419 of 3,555

Hi Francesca,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

Untitled
Sabai G Member Since: Oct 12, 2019
3420 of 3,555
Goran,
I'm having this same problem. Could somebody please remove my account from the website for me? I can't verify my phone number and I no longer want an account.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS