cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing extra accounts

victoria_hanshaw
Victoria H Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
3991 of 6,356
How do you delete/cancel an entire account that's never been used? I show up in Google search and want to stop that for an unused account
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3992 of 6,356

Hi Victoria,

Could you please send me a PM with the username and email address of the account you need help with closing? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.
After the account gets closed, you will need to request from Google that the search result is removed. You can submit removal requests through your own Google account. The Google Removal Tool is used to request that information be removed from Google web and image search results. You may request this through this link.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jalisa-bonilla
Jalisa B Member Since: Oct 6, 2019
3993 of 6,356
I was trying to set up a new account because I thought I closed my older account. I would like to figure out how to access my old account and delete current one I was in the process of creating.
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3994 of 6,356

Hi Jalisa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM with your old username and email address of the account so that I can check and assist you accordingly?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a-senivassen
AJ S Member Since: Oct 8, 2019
3995 of 6,356

Hi 

I am desperate to close my account. Not too long ago I wanted to join upwok freelancers but my application was later denied. Thats ok because i no longer need to use upwork

My account is still present on your website and  I believe that somebody is using my account information and private details to scam me. 

I would be gratefull if you could assist in closing my account. I have followed all the links but somehow it not happening. 

i am very frustrated. 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3996 of 6,356

Hi  AJ,

Your account was closed, thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
alom-alom
Mr Masskorul A Member Since: Oct 8, 2019
3997 of 6,356

My account is suspended. Now I am not able to close this account. Please close this account and remove my all data.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3998 of 6,356

Hi MR Masskorul,

Your account is now closed, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
darlington3577
Darlington N Member Since: Oct 8, 2019
3999 of 6,356

please i want my account deleted,https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01564dee2bb4f7cb01/  i dont want it appearing in the google search engine.i couldnt login with my credentials and clicking forgot password was still unrecognised.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4000 of 6,356

Hi Darlington, 

I will go ahead and close your account, and this account where you are posting from. Please know that it may take some time for Google to de-index your profile link from their search results, but I will go ahead and send a request to remove your Upwork profile link from their search results. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS