cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delete Unverified Account

Francesca H Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
3411 of 3,497

I made an Upwork account with an old phone number and it sat untouched. Now, in trying to update my profile, I am consistently prompted to verify the old number - I can't. Upwork is not accepting my new number as verification. 

I would like to delete my account without fuss. I can't delete what has not been verified, nor can I verify what I have. Please help. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3412 of 3,497

Hi Francesca,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

Untitled
Sabai G Member Since: Oct 12, 2019
3413 of 3,497
Goran,
I'm having this same problem. Could somebody please remove my account from the website for me? I can't verify my phone number and I no longer want an account.
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3414 of 3,497

Hi Sabai,

Your account has been closed from our end as you have requested. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Shon M Member Since: Oct 12, 2019
3415 of 3,497

Please remove my account too, from your platform. 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3416 of 3,497

Hi Shon,

Your account is now closed as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Lesia T Member Since: Oct 16, 2019
3417 of 3,497

Hello, 

I do not have the option to delete this account becuase I never finished setting it up properly. I request and give you permission to delete this account on my behalf. Despite never properly setting up this account, it still comes up on Google searches. I do not want this becuase it no longer matches my professional image. Please remove this account from Upwork and from Google search.

Thank you.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3418 of 3,497

Hi Lesia,

Our team will close your account shortly. But, we don`t control Google search results. You will need to request this from google so that this search result is removed. You can submit removal requests through your own Google account. Thank you.

Untitled
Ming X Member Since: Oct 16, 2019
3419 of 3,497

Hi,

My account was suspended due to policy violation although there was no explanation from CS about which policy I violated. And I could not close my suspended account either. Is there a way to close/delete my suspended account?

Thanks.

Ming

Ace Contributor
Stefan M Member Since: Mar 3, 2019
3420 of 3,497

Hi Ming. If you need future questions I suggest you to ask a Support team, why is your account suspended, I'm sure they will answer you soon as possible. 

You can't deactivate your account twice, because is already deactivated by Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS