Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't close my account before entering the verification process

Highlighted
Almanbet S Member Since: Oct 24, 2019
3811 of 5,345

Hi guys!

I googled myself and found my old account in upwork. I recovered my password and signed to delete my account, but apparently was not able to do so Smiley Sad 

Can you please delete my account as well?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3812 of 5,345

Hi Almanbet,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

Untitled
Ali K Member Since: Oct 25, 2019
3813 of 5,345

Hi. I have recently opened a freelancer account that hasn't entered the verification process yet and that I want to close it right now and I can't because in the step of the way that I am in right now there isn't a delete account button. 

please help me delete my account without entering the verification process and without giving my phone number. 

Many thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3814 of 5,345

Ali K wrote:

Hi. I have recently opened a freelancer account that hasn't entered the verification process yet and that I want to close it right now and I can't because in the step of the way that I am in right now there isn't a delete account button. 

please help me delete my account without entering the verification process and without giving my phone number.

Note that if you close this account you will not be allowed to ever open another. Is that what you want?

Highlighted
Ali K Member Since: Oct 25, 2019
3815 of 5,345
Yes
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3816 of 5,345

Hi Ali,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Victoria R Member Since: Oct 26, 2019
3817 of 5,345
How to email company
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3818 of 5,345

Hi Victoria,

Feel free to post your questions or requests here and we will assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Jocelyn L Member Since: Feb 3, 2019
3819 of 5,345
Hi, i need help to close my suspended account. I tried to close it but getting message need to contact support.
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3820 of 5,345

Hi Jocelyn,

Your account is now closed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS