cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close my unapproved account

Highlighted
Winfred K Member Since: Jul 14, 2020
5011 of 5,284

I opened an account with upwork and was closed after a few days, I uploaded my ID for verification and was not successful. I want you to delete my details from upwork. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5012 of 5,284

Hi Winfred,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case about your request and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Maganti Srilekha C Member Since: Jul 14, 2020
5013 of 5,284

I want to close my unapproved account because I am  a student and I don't know how to use this platform

Highlighted
MOMETA A Member Since: Jul 14, 2020
5014 of 5,284

When trying to delete. This message is showing. 

Thank you for using Upwork.
At this time we are unable to close your account because you are currently suspended.
If you need help, please contact Support Services.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5015 of 5,284

Hi Mometa,

I checked your account, and I can see that there was a ticket sent out previously regarding your account. You can check this ticket number: 3862648 for your reference. If you still prefer to close your account, please let us know. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
April M Member Since: Jul 14, 2020
5016 of 5,284

I have this same issue. I have no notifications, no reasons, no help, no jobs, but cannot close my account because of a suspension. No answers.

Highlighted
5017 of 5,284

Hi April,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team reached out to you previously regarding your account status. Please check your ticket number: 21484648. Kindly follow the steps shared on the ticket, and feel free to send a follow-up. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
April M Member Since: Jul 14, 2020
5018 of 5,284

I searched through spam and trash and found one email stating my account was on hold because I didn't verify my profile which makes no sense, as I had already been active. In any case, that's not a reason to not allow closure of an account. If I no longer want an upwork account, why would I want to go through further steps?

Highlighted
5019 of 5,284

Hi April,

I understand your concern, and thanks for taking the time to check. As requested, your account has been closed. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
AppInventor A Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
5020 of 5,284

I am unable to close my account. I registered as a freelancer and didn't finish the creation of my profile. I wan't to delete my account permanently but I cannot access the settings.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS