cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

Highlighted
Cynthia H Member Since: Sep 23, 2019
3521 of 4,937

I have written 11 novels for three clients over the past two or three years.  I'm just done with Upwork because they write in messaging that I'm awesome and they love my work, but do not leave feedback in the feedback section, so it looks like I have no hours and no feedback.  Im moving on now.  

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3522 of 4,937

We're sorry to hear about your decision, Cynthia

Your account is closed now, thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Temitope A Member Since: Feb 16, 2018
3523 of 4,937
Hello Moderator
Can you please close my account, I want this account closed. I can't seem to find a way to close it. No way to close it, I can't get to the deletion page and it seem impossible. Please close it manually from your end.
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3524 of 4,937

Hi Temitope, 

I will go ahead and close your account as requested. As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account on Upwork. If you would like to work on Upwork again, you can request to have your old, closed account reinstated. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Katerina S Member Since: Sep 25, 2019
3525 of 4,937
I want to close my personal account but it does not allow me to by saying I have some contracts open. Which I do not as I haven't been using UpWork for years. Who can help me with this
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3526 of 4,937

Hi Katerina,

Would you like to close only your freelancer profile or every profile?
For your freelancer profile, please withdrawn your active and archived proposals and our team will close it. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Jay G Member Since: Sep 26, 2019
3527 of 4,937

I am not able to add a photo. Does this mean I can't use Upwork at all? Even if an existing client wanted to work with me through this channel rather than Freelancer?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3528 of 4,937

Hi Jay,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I tried but was unable to replicate the issue as uploading the profile picture went without any problems. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Md E Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
3529 of 4,937

You must add a profile photo. No way to avoid it for any personal or security issue. It must be an actual photo of you. And your photo will be verified by upwork video call verification process. 

Thanks

Md Emonuzzaman

Thank you.
Md Emonuzzaman
Highlighted
Jay G Member Since: Sep 26, 2019
3530 of 4,937

Okay, thanks for the prompt reply, although it is disappointing. I won't be uploading a personal photo, and will ask the employer to contact me via my Freelancer.com profile instead.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS