Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

Highlighted
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
5251 of 5,373

Hi Ogg, 

Your account has been closed as per your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
Cherrybel L Member Since: Sep 10, 2020
5252 of 5,373

Hi,

Good Day!

I have an old account but unfortunately I dont have access to it. When I tried to forgot my password the e-mail address can no longer be retrieve since I forgot the password for the e-mail. Theres no way to retrieve it. Please help I need to close my old account. Appreciate your help.

Thank you and Keep safe.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5253 of 5,373

Hi Cherrybel,

I checked, and it looks like you already submitted a ticket to our team regarding your concern with deleting an old account. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you with your request. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
5254 of 5,373

Hi Giovanni,

Could you please send me a PM with the details of the duplicate account you mention so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Giovanni P Member Since: Sep 10, 2020
5255 of 5,373

Hi,

I had my Upwork account years ago but not used for long time. I tried to login recently but forget all of credentials.

The old account should be deleted if it exists but I have no idea how to delete it in my side.

Can you delete it if the past account stil exists?

The fact that I need to ask this on a community forum and that there is no possiblity to contact support directly to you.

Highlighted
Universe'S W Member Since: Sep 11, 2020
5256 of 5,373

So, a couple of things. First, the FAQ should not tell me there's a way to delete my account and I can't actually delete my account. Maybe update the FAQ, because I saw a post from three years back having the same problem. The Contact Info link doesn't even take you to the right page. It redirects to privacy settings for password stuff and that makes no sense to me.

Now, secondly, yes I would like this account deleted. There's no obvious way to change names. It simply took my email and I didn't notice a way to change it, but that may be on me overlooking something. If the ability to change names is actually not there, could someone consider adding it? Again. I probably missed something.

And, yes, just making sure I'm clear on this, I would like this account deleted.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
5257 of 5,373

Hi there,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Nina A Member Since: Sep 11, 2020
5258 of 5,373

I have been attempting to close my account. I meet all of the requirements to close an account and have followed all of the instructions. When I go to Profile Settings, I can only access the page regarding password changes. 

Highlighted
5259 of 5,373

Hi Nina,

I checked, and it looks like you have closed your account already. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ramla S Member Since: Sep 15, 2020
5260 of 5,373

Please delete my suspended account

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS