Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
6451 of 6,627

Hello Justin,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Untitled
romanbak
Roman B Member Since: Jul 3, 2021
6452 of 6,627

Please close my account and delete all of my personal data.

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
6453 of 6,627

Hi Roman,

I can see that you still have active proposals on your account. Before your account can be closed, you will need to withdraw all of your proposals. Feel free to check this help article for more information on how to close your account. Don't hesitate to let us know if you still need assistance from our end after trying that. 

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
romanbak
Roman B Member Since: Jul 3, 2021
6454 of 6,627

Hi Luiggi R. Thank you, i do it now, now, now can you close my account? 

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
6455 of 6,627

Hi Roman,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please reply to the team directly here so they can assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ecook99
Edward C Member Since: Jul 5, 2021
6456 of 6,627

I some how have created two accounts with two diffferent emails, and I would like to close one. I cant log into the account I would like to close because of the two-step authentication process. Can you please close the account, if I provide you with all the information you need. The account has no pending activity.

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
6457 of 6,627

Hello Edward,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address you would to keep as well as the one you like to close so I can better assist you?

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Untitled
crickteri
Abdul W Member Since: Aug 10, 2015
6458 of 6,627

Hi upwork community, 

I had created two accounts mistakenly, the one I forgot actually which was a few years ago, but recently I got access to that because upwork asked me for "forgot password" option and they sent me the reset password link, before this option was not working for me. Now I just want to delete one account, because this is against upwork policy. 

Again I'll mention that I mistakenly had done this, it was never my intention. Please let me know if there is any help I can delete the one account and just keep the one for usage. Thanks! 

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6459 of 6,627

Get onto customer support and be open, honest and cooperative with them...and the sooner the better.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6460 of 6,627

Abdul, before you contact Customer Service, spend some time to think of the very worst, most horrible, most egregious thing you did on Upwork related to having two accounts.

Whatever the WORST thing is that you can think of, lead with that. That should be your first sentence when you contact Customer Support. Tell them what you did, and tell them you are very sorry.

They are not messing around with these rules. But they like contrition and TOTAL honesty. If you do that, you may find sympathy from them and they can help you eliminate the duplicate account.

But don't wait. If they find this before you contact them, they'll terminate both accounts and permanently kick you off the site.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS