Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6461 of 6,633

Get onto customer support and be open, honest and cooperative with them...and the sooner the better.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6462 of 6,633

Abdul, before you contact Customer Service, spend some time to think of the very worst, most horrible, most egregious thing you did on Upwork related to having two accounts.

Whatever the WORST thing is that you can think of, lead with that. That should be your first sentence when you contact Customer Support. Tell them what you did, and tell them you are very sorry.

They are not messing around with these rules. But they like contrition and TOTAL honesty. If you do that, you may find sympathy from them and they can help you eliminate the duplicate account.

But don't wait. If they find this before you contact them, they'll terminate both accounts and permanently kick you off the site.

crickteri
Abdul W Member Since: Aug 10, 2015
6463 of 6,633

Hi, 

It was not that TERROBLE, I just contacted the upwork live chat support, and told them the situation and within 5 minutes of discussion, they closed the duplicate account. 

Regards;

crickteri
Abdul W Member Since: Aug 10, 2015
6464 of 6,633

Hi Stephan, 

Thanks, I contacted them and they closed one of my accounts!

hyehara8
Hyecinth D Member Since: Apr 20, 2020
6465 of 6,633

Hi I have also the same problem . can you help me?

carmel-malaluan
Carmel M Member Since: Jul 5, 2021
6466 of 6,633
Hi i also have same issue..i created an upwork data last year but did not use it and now i thought i cannot retrieve the old one and created a new profile with different address..is there a way to delete the old one?
Your assistance is well appreciated
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6467 of 6,633

Hi Carmel,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
den14m
Denys M Member Since: Jan 30, 2020
6468 of 6,633

Hi there,
I have the same trouble.

I had created two accounts mistakenly, one I forgot actually. Now I just want to remove one account, because this is against Upwork policy. I forgot the password and can't delete it by myself. 
Please help me - delete the one account and just keep the one for usage.
I can't talk to support, because Upwork gave me link to Community users.
Thanks.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6469 of 6,633

Hi Denys,

Please note that due to our Community settings, new users will need to wait up to 2 hours in order to have the option to send private messages. After your Community rank updates from 'New Forum Member' to 'Active Member', please send me a PM with your account details so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6470 of 6,633

Hi Abdul,

Stephen and Preston are correct. You need to have one of your accounts closed as soon as possible as you can't use both. Customer Support can assist you with this matter. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS