Highlighted
Sidath U Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
91 of 5,373
This account is disabled , and request permission to create a new account
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
92 of 5,373

Hi Sidath,

Please follow the outlined instructions to complete creating your profile and note that users are allowed to register only one account. Please upload a real photo of yourself as the one you currently have is in violation of our ToS.

Highlighted
Sonia G Member Since: Oct 12, 2016
93 of 5,373

I am trying desperatly to close my account. Everytime I go to "settings" the page is forwarded to my profile page. Can someone help me closing my account, please?

Highlighted
94 of 5,373

Hi Sonia,

Our team will close your account shortly.

Highlighted
Sven K Member Since: Oct 27, 2016
95 of 5,373

As I didn't complete my profile and therefore cannot access "My Info" page with option to close my account and because I don't need it I want to delete it, any help in closing my account would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
96 of 5,373

Hi Sven,

We'll have your account closed for you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Patricia D Member Since: Nov 2, 2016
97 of 5,373
I would like to deactivate my account please.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Patricia D Member Since: Nov 2, 2016
98 of 5,373
I mean delete/close.
Thank you
Highlighted
99 of 5,373

Hi Patricia,

I see you used the link and our team already closed your account.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
100 of 5,373

This entire thread strikes me as a bit silly.

Because ideally Upwork should make it very easy for a user to close their account.

Ideally, of course, users understand that they can not delete and create new account as if they were Microsoft Word files or something... But I don't see any reason why Upwork shouldn't make it univerally possible to close an account, regardless of the state an account is in - profile completd or not.

Make it a simple, easy thing for anybody, at any stage, to close their own account, without needing to contact customer support or post in the Community Forum.

Procedures and back-end algorithms are already in place that check to help prevent people from creating another account when an account (closed or otherwise) is already in place for them. If somebody closes an account and then tries to open a new one, they can be referred to a process for re-opening their closed account.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS