cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

Hotel M Member Since: Feb 7, 2019
2831 of 2,882

my client bring me to upwork to have automatic payment but i cannot use it neither did the person who invite me saying his profile is not aproved yet anyways i just want to close the account as i agree not to use it so please close me account and delete all data including payment detials thank you

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2832 of 2,882

Hi Hotel,

Our team will close your account shortly, thank you.

Untitled
Julie H Member Since: Feb 8, 2019
2833 of 2,882

I wanted to close my "real" account but is unable to do so. It is perpetually stuck on the Profile Creation page. I've tried clearing my history/cache/cookies as well as using different web browsers to no avail. My privacy has been compromised because this supposedly unfinished profile is completely public as it could be searched up on Google. I can't even reach this help screen on that account or really any other pages such as account settings etc. - I had to create this fake account just so that I can post this message. Is there a way to close my account or at least make it private? And no, I haven't made any proposals on that account.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2834 of 2,882

Hi Julie, 

To close your account, please go to your Settings page > Contact Info > and click on the Close my account link as shown on the screengrab below. 

Let us know if we can assist you further!

Close.png

-Avery
Untitled
Julie H Member Since: Feb 8, 2019
2835 of 2,882
That’s the issue - I can’t even get to that page. It’s perpetually stuck on the profile creation.
Community Guru
Mary H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
2836 of 2,882

Hi Julie,

One of our team members shall reply to your ticket once the request is done. 

We’ll close your account from our end and we will take steps to remove personal data from your closed account so that it is no longer visible on the platform or in searches.

- Mary
Untitled
Ahasan H Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
2837 of 2,882

Hello dear, my account was suspended a few years ago. Now I want to close the account. When I choose the button close account it shows that "At this time we are unable to close your account because you are currenly suspended. If you need help, please contact support services.

I am trying to contact support for close the account but I did not get any fruitful result.
Anybody can help me to close the suspended account?

2838 of 2,882

Hi Ahasan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your account, thank you. 

Untitled
Zara M Member Since: Feb 9, 2017
2839 of 2,882

Hi. I want to delete my upwork account. Please, delete it permanently. 

2840 of 2,882

Hi Zara,

Your account is now closed, thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS