cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3491 of 3,549

Hi Sean, 

We'll have one of our agents reach out and assist you directly via support ticket; however, if you still prefer to delete your account, please let us know and we'll assist you with your request. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Ben H Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
3492 of 3,549

Please close my account. I can't get past the "create profile" page - it's not verifying my phone number. I don't want to have an account, I can't find any email to contact anyone, please close it. Thanks.

3493 of 3,549

Hi Ben,

As requested, your account has been closed. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Tanya M Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
3494 of 3,549

Please can you close my account, thank you

3495 of 3,549

Hi Tanya,

Your account has been closed as requested. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Linus R Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
3496 of 3,549
I would like for my account to be closed aswell.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3497 of 3,549

Hi Linus, 

As a gentle reminder, please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork regardless of the old account being closed, suspended, or the registration was not accepted. If you find the need to use Upwork again in the future, we'll be happy to assist you with reinstating your account. 

I'll go ahead and close your account as requested. 

-Avery
Untitled
Recovering A Member Since: Nov 18, 2019
3498 of 3,549

Quite long ago my freelancer account with id**Edited for community guidelines** was suspended for no reason.

**Edited for community guidelines**

So I created a new account to write this. I just decided to live with it and was disapointed about all that stuff.

Closer to the problem, now I need to close my suspended account for personal reasons, but I can not do that becouse of "You have an outstanding balance" error message.

I dont know why but I have -1 USD balance in my disbursement methods.

I tried to set a billing method to pay that 1 USD fee for I dont even know reason I have to, but in spite of approving my billing method I can not see how to pay that 1 USD to Upwork to close my account. 

Thanks for help in advance

I'm also attaching screenshots of the problem

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3499 of 3,549

Hi there,

Since all aspects of your account are currently suspended it is as good as closed. No transactions will be possible on your account. Feel free to use this form to access and request a deletion of your data. You'll see the instructions on how to submit it via the link.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Joseph M Member Since: Nov 18, 2019
3500 of 3,549

Hi Upwork,

I need your help to delete my old account, it is public and has been exposing my information on the internet. I wish to delete it but I can't remember my username or email. I can provide IDs if needed. Thank you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS