Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
41 of 5,373

No problem, we will have someone close your account momentarily.

Untitled
Highlighted
Techo K Member Since: Jan 11, 2018
42 of 5,373

Please close my account as well.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Brittney F Member Since: Sep 8, 2020
43 of 5,373

I can't delete my account. I followed the instructions of clicking on "Contact Info" and it just keeps taking me to password/security section?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
44 of 5,373

Hi Brittney,

Your account is already closed as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Hurayra N Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
45 of 5,373

Hello Everyone, I have a problem with my odesk account because my account use some one. I want to delete it and create new one. How can i delete my account.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
46 of 5,373

Hurayra,

You should not have posted the exact same message in two different threads. You're only going to draw unwelcome attention to yourself because you have in a very small number of words managed to implicate yourself into 2 of the top 4 most grevious things oDesk suspends accounts for: creating duplicate accounts and letting other people use your account.

Your best hope is to go to customer support and tell them everything you can possibly think of related to this situation. Make an effort to emphasize things you feel that you did wrong and that you learned from and won't do any more. Then do whatever they ask you to do.

Highlighted
Edouard C Member Since: Mar 30, 2015
47 of 5,373

Ok, my account is suspended just after creation because i was required to change my family name from all capitals to just first capital letter. I even did not start to work or communicate in some other way with the service.

I managed to change the case for family name, but for 5 days nothing is done by odesk support and i do not have any clear answer about why my account is still suspended.

It may be some reason for this, but time is like your organs, once you loose your tooth it does not return anymore. Are odesk support employees supposed to live forever so it is better to close existing account and restart with the new one ? killing sick baby and try to give birth the new better one ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
48 of 5,373

Edouard,

You asked if it is better to stop working on your current account and create a new account.

The answer is no.

ODesk goes to extreme lengths to try to catch people who have more than one account. And the most common result when they find you have created more than one account is that they ban you entirely from oDesk.

Your choices are to:

a) work with customer support to resolve the difficulties you are having with oDesk

or

b) not use oDesk

As for the time that it takes customer support to help you through these issues. Customer Support has extremely limited resources for dealing with large numbers of new contractors. It may take many days or a few weeks to resolve some of these issues. But if you are patient, there is strong possibility that your issues will eventually be resolved.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
49 of 5,373

Hi Edouard,

Sorry about the delayed response. Your profile has been reviewed and approved. Your account has been resumed as well.

Best of luck applying for jobs on oDesk!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Deepa P Member Since: Apr 2, 2015
50 of 5,373

Hi Valeria,

I am having the same issue as Edouard with different cause, that my oDesk account has been suspened due to picutre issue (oDesk says it was not clear). I have uploaded another picture on same day when I created my oDesk account, but still it is in suspended mode.

I have opened ticket for that reason, but could not get any solution yett. Kindly look into my issue.

Look forward to hear you...

Deepa Purohit

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS