Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
51 of 5,373

Hi Deepa,

Thank you very much for updating your profile picture. I've followed up with the Team and they will review your profile and get back to your as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Maria Rosario R Member Since: Apr 30, 2015
52 of 5,373

i create my odesk acct last year but i rarely use it. yesterday i was hired to work as exclusive freelancer in agency and they create my profile without telling them that i already have account in odesk. what do i do to prevent my acct frm suspension? please help! can i close my account in odesk and then work with an agency as exclusive freelancer?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
53 of 5,373

Hi Maria Rosario,

Even if you are an exclusive freelancer in an agency, the agency admin should not create your oDesk account instead of you and have any knowlegde of your log in information. They should add you to their team using your existing account. Please, contact Customer Support for additional assistance.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Stefan G Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
54 of 5,373

please delete my account. I know i cant create new one. Interface of this website is worst one i ave ever encoutered in my life.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
55 of 5,373

Hi Stefan,

Since you haven't completed the profile creation process I'll ask someone from our team to close your account.

Highlighted
Gulab M Member Since: May 1, 2015
56 of 5,373

Hi!
I have my name  "Gulab Mehak" on all over the websites i use over the Internet so i placed the same one onto ODESK, but its bee about 6 months when I added my bank account to start work wth ODESK and since than I ma getting the same message for name mismatch with the bank account details and ever since i am desperately trying to get my name changed so that i could start working on Odesk properly.

My bak account name (same as my original) is "Ahmed Nawaz Butt" and on my Profile is "Gulab Mehak"

please help me resolve this matter

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
57 of 5,373
Gulab or Ahmed or whatever your name is... You were not trying to do something bad, but the simple fact is this: oDesk hates this kind of thing. There are so many scammers out there using fake names go nefarious purposes (not you, of course), that oDesk is forced to be VERY vigilant about not letting people use fake names.

You might not be able to get oDesk to allow an exception for you. You best bet is to set up a bank account using the name "Gulab Mehak", or change your oDesk name to match the name on your bank account.

Maybe you should legally change your name.
Highlighted
Rinkoo S Member Since: Apr 15, 2016
58 of 5,373

Hello Everyone, I have a problem with my odesk account because my account use some one. I want to delete it and create new one. How can i delete my account.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
59 of 5,373

Hi Rinkoo,

I checked your account activity and it doesn't look like your account was used after you created it. You can check in with Customer Support and share any suspicions you have about the account security, change your account and email login details, but I can confirm you won't be able to create another Upwork account.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Highlighted
Gayatri J Member Since: May 25, 2017
60 of 5,373

Please help me delete my account.

Thanks

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS