b7a6f146
Community Member

How to Delete Account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arya, 

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance.Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

505 REPLIES 505
9ec552e5
Community Member

Please close my account and delete all data 

032571f6
Community Member

Hi there i would like to close my account. Thank you 😃

Hi Daisy, 

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8db76896
Community Member

I'd like to close my account. I never set a security question, so I'm not sure why it's prompting me for one.

Hi Benjamin,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly with your request. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi! Can someone delete my account? Thanks

Hi Furdui,

I've shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
10cc3f22
Community Member

please delete my account

Hi Olena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
10cc3f22
Community Member

delete my account!

aa19d4ba
Community Member

Hi 

Could u please delete my account and clear all my data. 

Hi Elizabeth,

You can close your account by visiting this page in your Settings and using the Close my Account link in the Account section. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article and let us know if you run into any issues closing your account or need any assistance. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
6add56ec
Community Member

Could you please close my account. I m not able to it always tells me that I have a job still open, but there is none. Please close it for me

Hi Peter,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f4774b44
Community Member

Hey! I want to delete my account permanently. Can you please help me out,? 

Hi Hafsa,

I'm sorry to hear that you wish to delete your account but we always respect your decision. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6a1fb67b
Community Member

Hi, I cant delete my account. i want to delete it asap. thanks

User ID
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7619ae42
Community Member

hello! Could you please assist me with closing my account? 

hI Yana,

I'm sorry to hear that you wish to close your account but we totally respect your decision. Your account has been closed as per your request. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Can you help me close my account? I done all the instruction to close it but still having an issue. Kindly help me close my account.

Hi Melvin,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

It's been open for a few days now. Kindly help me delete my account.

Hi Melvin,

Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
3639a699
Community Member

I can't find where I can delete my account.

Can't select contact info to close account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moses,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
39c472ee
Community Member

I tried following the steps, however, I am not able to go to the settings because it asks me for a password. I had used my google account to log in, so not sure what password I am supposed to provide. Since I cannot go to settings, I cannot delete my account. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dharmin,

Looks like you've successfully closed your account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
de31c82a
Community Member

Getting an error dialog trying to close my account; the close account section never fully loads. I'm told to contact support but it's just a chat-bot and never connects me with a real person.

"There was an error loading this page: error [6bb840433a2826f2-SEA, 6bb840433a2826f2-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

Any ideas how to close my account or talk to an actual support person?

error-closing-upwork-account.jpg

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your account has been closed, Jack.

Thanks! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fbfa863b
Community Member

Hi,

I cant access the "contact info" tab, hence, requesting you to please close my account. Thanks.

Hi Amit,

Our team will close your account shortly, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
amyfox1
Community Member

I want to close my account however the close account link dosent show in my profile.

Hi Amy,

The "close my account" button can be found in Settings > Contact info, here. You can find further instructions on how to close your account in this help article.

If you need any further assistance please let us know,

~Andrea
Upwork
fa0b65a2
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have the same issue. I tried closing the account by selecting contact info. but it is not working. Please help me with account closure/ please let me know how i can open a suppor tticket. please provid me with the link.

Hi Seema,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Here's the thing.

For some reason I have two client profiles, one freelancer profile and one agency profile.

I want to delete one client profile as I already have one that I use.

The other one has virtually nothing on it.

When I try closing one client account it says it is impossible because I have open proposals.
But I have open proposals only in one client profile (the one I don't want to delete).

Despite accessing this option from the client account that I want to delete, I still get this.
Now I read on a forum that if you delete one client profile, Upwork will delete everything, also the freelancer profile. 
I find it really badly implemented this way.
I want to get rid of one client account because it bothers me to see it although I never use it, I was thinking to delete the freelancer and agency account as well eventually, but I want to keep open the client account that I am using. 
This is so frustrating!
Help me out guys!

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble closing the client profile you don't need. I checked and can confirm the client profile you are referring to is now closed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1a2cf4eb
Community Member

I don't have any open proposals or contracts & cannot close. Please deactivate.

Hi Ashleigh,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths