🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to Delete auto-saved Memos from Time Trac...
Page options
firescue17
Community Member

How to Delete auto-saved Memos from Time Tracker?

Every time a new memo is entered into the time tracker, the memo is saved as a new line item. Over time, this list becomes full of extraneous, one-off task memos.

How do we delete unnecessary memo items? Is there an .ini file to be edited somewhere in the time tracker install folder? An "edit memos" icon buried in some arcane place of the UI?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

If you want to clear the whole list you can go into settings, advanced settings, then clear the tracker cache (not when there is time in the cache obviously)

clear cache.jpg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Steven E. L wrote:

Every time a new memo is entered into the time tracker, the memo is saved as a new line item. Over time, this list becomes full of extraneous, one-off task memos.

It what?

Where?

What list?

Petra R wrote:

Steven E. L wrote:

It what?

Where?

What list?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Time Tracker.png

Steven E. L wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Steven E. L wrote:

It what?

Where?

What list?

Time Tracker.png

My tracker doesn't seem to have that, which is why I asked.

no previous memos.jpg

petra_r
Community Member

If you want to clear the whole list you can go into settings, advanced settings, then clear the tracker cache (not when there is time in the cache obviously)

clear cache.jpg

Petra R wrote:

clear cache.jpg

Thank you! In the past, one could use Shift-Delete to clear a single line-item.

This is better than nothing (and another useful feature Upwork has taken upon themselves to remove).

And more confusing: Why isn't the user experience consistent cross-platform? Hello, Upwork?

Steven E. L wrote:

And more confusing: Why isn't the user experience consistent cross-platform? Hello, Upwork?

I am not sure if it might be because I tend to add memos mostly on the work diary, not necessarily while tracking?

But I checked contracts where I am certain I have added memos via the memo window, and don't have that "previous memo" field there.

Petra R wrote:

Steven E. L wrote:

I am not sure if it might be because I tend to add memos mostly on the work diary, not necessarily while tracking?

That certainly possible. I rarely edit memos after the fact since I usually repeat the same daily tasks.

Petra R wrote:

But I checked contracts where I am certain I have added memos via the memo window, and don't have that "previous memo" field there.

I'm sure it's my fault. Standby for the default message to clear cookies and cache, reformat Windows, and buy a new computer.

Steven E. L wrote:

Standby for the default message to clear cookies

No killing cookiesNo killing cookies

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Steven,

In addition to the solution Petra offered, I'll check with the team what's the expected behaviour is and share your feedback with them. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members