🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to Revise Proposal from Hourly to Milesto...
Page options
sanojnair_
Community Member

How to Revise Proposal from Hourly to Milestones/Flat Rate?

I received an invitation to apply for a job, and I submitted my proposal with hourly rates. However, after some more discussion with the client, it turns out they prefer a fixed price arrangement.

When I tried to revise my original proposal, I found that I could only modify the hourly rate.

Could someone please advise on how to proceed in this situation? Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4d4c8aad
Community Member

Unfortunately, it's not possible to revise your proposal from hourly to fixed price without ending the contract and starting a new one. This is because Upwork doesn't allow you to change the contract type once a proposal has been submitted.

Once the contract has been ended, you can start a new one with the client and specify a fixed price.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
williamtcooper
Community Member

Sanoj,

I always have the client send the Fixed-Fee contract with the Milestones and then accept if agreed upon. This has worked the best after 465 Jobs on the site.

Thankyou William

4d4c8aad
Community Member

Unfortunately, it's not possible to revise your proposal from hourly to fixed price without ending the contract and starting a new one. This is because Upwork doesn't allow you to change the contract type once a proposal has been submitted.

Once the contract has been ended, you can start a new one with the client and specify a fixed price.

Thank you Muhammad!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members