Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to actually join an agency

Highlighted
Sam C Member Since: Jul 2, 2018
1 of 4

Hi there, folks

Before any moderators post a link to the page explaining agencies, or tell me that agencies need to invite Freelancers to join; I understand that, and it's not really what I'm asking.

I mean how? 

It's all well and good to say 'get invited' but how do you get invited? Is there any way to interface with agencies on the site? Does that happen offsite?

It's seems like kind of a chicken egg scenario as far as a freelancer wanting to join an agency, but needing an invitation to do so, but... how do you get the invitation? Smiley Very Happy

Brain frazzled on this one.

Regards

Sam

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

@Sam C wrote:

Hi there, folks

Before any moderators post a link to the page explaining agencies, or tell me that agencies need to invite Freelancers to join; I understand that, and it's not really what I'm asking.

I mean how? 

It's all well and good to say 'get invited' but how do you get invited? Is there any way to interface with agencies on the site? Does that happen offsite?

First of all: The short answer is "DON'T!"

Why in the world would you want to join an agency?

To win less contracts (As most clients, given the choice, would rather work with independent freelancers than agencies because they get more for their money)  and get less money? How does that even make sense?

In short, there is no way for independent freelancers to interface with agencies. Agencies exist mainly (not completely but mainly) in the murky depths of cheap labour in low cost countries where "agencies" have access to even lower cost locals doing the work and they get the money.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sam C Member Since: Jul 2, 2018
3 of 4

Thanks again, Petra.

Whew! I'll avoid like the plague so, the insight is much appreciated. Having some trouble finding jobs and my connects are slowly running out, I read elsewhere agencies were good for steady work, but I hear ya, loud and clear

Thanks!

Sam

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

Sam C wrote: Having some trouble finding jobs and my connects are slowly running out, I read elsewhere agencies were good for steady work, but I hear ya, loud and clear

Yeah, well, stop applying for cheap cr*p - where you are competing with 100s of "writters" who speak "Engliss reel goood" and where, if you do get a gig, you wind up with ungrateful clients who want 73 revisions on their "a Cent per word nonsense" and then lukewarm or poor feedback to add insult to injury.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS