cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow client to give feedback?

lawrenceww
Active

I did a recent job for a client, he approved it, so i ended the contract and gave my feedback.

However, the Freelancer, being me - has "No Feedback Received"

I asked the client if he could please give me feedback and he said

"sorry for the holdup!
things have been crazy at work
sorry dude, looks like when I've closed the job, I can't give feedback : /
I gave you 5 stars though!
hope that's enough"

So will i receive 5 stars after 14 days have passed? Or does he need to open the job somehow and give feedback? If so, how does he do this as i will need to provide the steps to him as he's new to UpWork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lawrence,

I've checked and your client can still leave feedback on this contract. You can direct your client to go to the Freelancers tab and click Past Hires > scroll down a bit and click on the contract title below your name and photo > click the green "Give Feedback" button on the contract details page and fill out the feedback form.

For future reference, you should communicate with your client after submitting work, check if there is any additional work they would like to discuss with you, and ask them to end the contract. The party that ends the contract is required to leave feedback, so following the above steps will ensure you receive feedback from your client.

Untitled

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lawrence,

I've checked and your client can still leave feedback on this contract. You can direct your client to go to the Freelancers tab and click Past Hires > scroll down a bit and click on the contract title below your name and photo > click the green "Give Feedback" button on the contract details page and fill out the feedback form.

For future reference, you should communicate with your client after submitting work, check if there is any additional work they would like to discuss with you, and ask them to end the contract. The party that ends the contract is required to leave feedback, so following the above steps will ensure you receive feedback from your client.

Untitled

Thank you for explaining, Vlad. Much appreciated. 

I've sent a message to the client 🙂

"you should communicate with your client after submitting work, check if there is any additional work they would like to discuss with you, and ask them to end the contract. The party that ends the contract is required to leave feedback, so following the above steps will ensure you receive feedback from your client."

With respect. Vladimir, they won't ensure it at all. The only thing that will ensure it is if the client stays around and does what you ask them to do.

Hello! i am Arsene, i have a little problem about feedbacks, i was hired by a client more then twice but without giving any feedback after ending the contract. Note that i was new on upwork at that time...

so, would you like to tell me if it's possible to give a feedback to my client after almost one year from the end of the contract? i have noticed that it's very important...

Thank you so much

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS