cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to apply a W-8ben form.

Ali Kemal E Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
1 of 9

Hello,

Can somebody tell me what to do with the filled w-8ben form. I don't know where to send it or am i supposed to send it to somewhere.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 9

Hi Ali Kemal,

Please, go to your Settings> Tax Information and complete your W-8BEN form on that page.

Check out this help article for more details.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ali Kemal E Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
BEST ANSWER
3 of 9

Thanks for the reply. But the thing i don't understand is that do i register before to IRS or is it enough to put just what Upwors asks in that section. Because i haven't register or fill any w-8ben forms. Upwork just tell me to put the legal name and the adress which are have to be the same with my tax return.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

@Ali Kemal E wrote:

Upwork just tell me to put the legal name and the adress which are have to be the same with my tax return.

That is all you need to do. Nothing else required!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 9

Correct, Ali Kemal, you only need to provide the information that's required on your Settings> Tax Information page and confirm that you are not a U.S. person. You don't need to register with IRS separately.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sarai C Member Since: Oct 30, 2019
6 of 9

Did you have any problems or did you fill that format at some point? 
I´m totally new here and I have a delay in my payment, so I wonder if I did something incorrectly, and I have the very same question. I don´t have that format, they just ask for information and that is confusing.
Hope you can help out.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 9

Hi Sarai, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your withdrawal was rejected by your bank. On this page in your account, you will see that your withdrawal was returned to your Upwork account. Please check with your bank why this transaction was rejected. 

In the meantime, you may want to add a new payment method while fixing this issue with your bank.

-Avery
Untitled
Muhammad S Member Since: Feb 11, 2018
8 of 9

Can we take w8 ben form out for other use. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 9

Muhammad S wrote:

Can we take w8 ben form out for other use. 

No

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS