🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to ask client to leave a feedback in ...
Page options
freshter007
Community Member

How to ask client to leave a feedback in an appropriate way?

I know it sounds funny for asking things like this, but seriously this is important for me.

Here's my profile:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01265008a3654953bb

As you can see in the 1st page of my working history there are only 2 jobs with a feedback (from total 10). It's really grinds my gears as I think my future clients will wondering why they didn't leave a feedback which I believe it will impacting the hiring decision.

I always ask my clients to leave their feedback upon job completion/submission but still they seems choose not to do that. I am sure that they satisfied based on our conversation/chat and some of them hiring me again for another 1 or 2 projects.

Please I need your advice.

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When the client ends a contract, there is NO WAY to skip the feedback step.

If they don't leave feedback, the contract remains open.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Don't ask cilents to leave feedback.

Ask clients to close a contract when your work is done.

If the client closes a contract, the client must leave feedback.

Thank you for your response..

So when they end the contract, the system will ask for feedback (mandatory) or they can just skip it?

When the client ends a contract, there is NO WAY to skip the feedback step.

If they don't leave feedback, the contract remains open.

Thank you! I will change the way how to end the contract then.

hi 

what if I end the contract, is it possible that the client leaves feedback? 

or he cannot because I am who closed the contract?

Both parties can leave feedback for each other, that is the whole premise of the system. 

The party that closes the contract HAS to leave feedback, the other party does not. 

ceefaeca
Community Member

I sometimes say this to my clients once the job is completed:

" Thanks for the job, If there is nothing you need further on this project please close the contract and I'd be looking forward to hearing your experience of working with me"

Experienced clients are aware of how these things work, so they understand that. But the new ones just send their response in a message sometimes (haha!!).

However, some folks also have a short call at the end of the contract, where they ask them to close the contract and tell them to share their experience. I am not sure about this one as I never did this.

But it is weird to ask them for feedback. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths