🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to be with that situation
Page options
nuclear_razor
Community Member

How to be with that situation

Hi everyone, i am get new "task" on Upwork, the client send me files after i apply job, and ask me is it ok with current deadline (25 March), i answer yes and start to work (after that no contract was, that man didn't write me or answer again, but was online). 

I agree that maybe it's fully my fault to work by this "method", and i am must start to work only after i get notification/see that i already have a new contract.

It was not so cheep task, it there some chances to recieve some payment (I finished everything and maybe it need more minimal edits, but there is still no answer) or what i must to do (write or do new things or go for searcing new tasks and work only by message -> contract schema) to finalize this situation?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "..Is there some chance to recieve some payment?"

No.

You need to decide - with all your heart - that you will NOT get paid for this work.

You made a mistake by working without a contract.

This mistake will always help to remind you to never do that again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
khemiri_mohamed
Community Member

don't work with people unless they send a contract, there's a lot of fraud here everywhere, don't trust anyone only work when offer is sent don't waste your time, playing a game will be far better 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "..Is there some chance to recieve some payment?"

No.

You need to decide - with all your heart - that you will NOT get paid for this work.

You made a mistake by working without a contract.

This mistake will always help to remind you to never do that again.

Thought so, thank you for your reply!

kat303
Community Member

Since you are not sure how this site works, the procedures and ins and outs, I STRONGLY suggest that you go through the 9 sections under the heading Popular Topics and in each of the 9 sections go through EVERY link 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?flash_digest=5e121e69382e1a870f50d8859d156462098734e5

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths