🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to become a client as a freelancer
Page options
8f79f445
Community Member

How to become a client as a freelancer

I have an open contract with a client who has hired me as a digital marketing manager. He wants me to search on Upwork, interview and ultimately hire a SEO expert. Of course I need a client account to do this, but I don't want to have to enter my own payment info. The plan is for his client account to get billed for the SEO expert's hours, not me. Is there a way for me to be added to his client account somehow, though I only have a freelancer account on Upwork?

I keep being directed to the Data support bot and articles that lead me to create a client account that again is requesting me to enter payment info, which I want to avoid. Maybe this isn't possible. I'd like to inform the client one way or the other so he not wasting his time further with me, as the goal was to drive sales in preparation for Black Friday.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Casey,

Your client can set your permissions by following the steps shared in this help article. This will enable clients to invite new team members (like colleagues from within your organization), as well as assign each person’s capabilities within their account. Please let us know if your client needs any help setting this up. We'd be happy to guide him through the process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members