Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to best manage upwork agency?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Waqar A Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
1 of 14

Hello Freelancer agency owners, 

I am in process of moving from freelancer to agency status, I want to ask some of the best practices and advice you can give as Gurus.

Some specific questions and problems I faced are here, 

On Elance if someone hired an agency then all of the team was hired and all freelancers could work on the job. 

On Upwork however you have to ask client to hire seperate freelancers again and again. This makes the process a little annoying for the client. 

I think if upwork follows elance's way and give ability to agency owner to assign more than one freelancers to a job, it will make it really convenient. Upwork can of course inform client about this change via email and also client can see it in work diary etc. 

So what you guys think about this issue? How can we achieve better results?

Mario P Member Since: Jul 7, 2018
2 of 14

Basically as client i hire you,not your team,even if you are here as Agency i won't be forced to hire your team,i understand your concern,but it's a procedure not so wrong as you think,being your team part of the agency pratically they are hired,if you want let them share the same room you can do it easily,but i guess you know yet.

Ace Contributor
Muhammad Waqar A Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
3 of 14

Yes however my prospective team is in different cities. and that is also violation of terms. so that is not allowed.

As I mentioned in start I am in process of making an agency again.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 14

Muhammad Waqar A wrote:

Yes however my team is in different cities.

Be prepared to get hired less. Many, probably most clients prefer individual freelancers over agencies.

Just being associated with an agency will cause many of your proposals not even being opened.

Be aware that you have to pay $ 20 a month and that every single member of your agency has to create their own profile and get accepted or they can not work on projects through your agency. At the moment 98% of all prospective freelancers are rejected (according to the CEO of Upwork.)

Mario P Member Since: Jul 7, 2018
5 of 14

Pay 20 for each member ?

Did not get it .

Community Guru
6 of 14

Mario P wrote:

Pay 20 for each member ?

Did not get it .

No, just for the agency.

But the OP has no agency members and hourly contracts under the agency so obviously NONE of his agency members are actually doing anything because id they were that would cause him and his agency get kicked out of Upwork.

At this stage it is a Non-Agency like all those other One Person-Agencies which are either not agencies at all (because they have no agency members) or are seriously violating the terms of service and will be kicked out when found out.

Dean C Member Since: Nov 25, 2017
7 of 14

You have me worried about this,  I assumed because I trade through a limited company I'm supposed to also have an agency on here, are you saying I'm risking my account from getting banned on upwork?

Community Guru
8 of 14

Dean C wrote:

...are you saying I'm risking my account from getting banned on upwork?

Where did you get that idea from?

Dean C Member Since: Nov 25, 2017
9 of 14

Petra R wrote:

Dean C wrote:

Your reply above in particular:

At this stage it is a Non-Agency like all those other One Person-Agencies which are either not agencies at all (because they have no agency members) or are seriously violating the terms of service and will be kicked out when found out.

I'm essentially a 1 person agency on upwork and I'd just like to follow up on whether this is allowed or not.

Community Guru
10 of 14

Dean C wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Dean C wrote:

Your reply above in particular:

I'm essentially a 1 person agency on upwork and I'd just like to follow up on whether this is allowed or not.

The difference one little word makes Smiley Wink

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS