cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bill client for 1.5 hours before doing more work

j_nos
Jennifer N Member Since: Mar 2, 2018
1 of 3

I have received and accepted a contract to write articles for a client and I will be paid hourly. The client does not have a history and before I perform 15 hours of work I want to get paid for my first article which took 1.5 hours to complete (upwork timetracker was used) but i cannot firgure out how to bill the client 

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
2 of 3
If you used the time tracker, it bills them automatically, given they have a verified payment method. The billing cycle ends on Sunday after which your money will be held for five days for the client to review your work, then about five days after that, if your client does not dispute the hours, you'll get the money.

Don't forget to write memos about your work. The only way to quality for payment protection is to use to tracker, always have an activity level above five and to write memos relevant to the task you're working on. Update the memos regularly, or when you switch tasks.
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 3

Hi Jennifer, 

The information provided by Melissa is correct. You may also read up on this help article to know more about the Weekly Billing Cycle.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS