Did you mean: 

How to bill client for extras?

prospect39
Community Leader
Peter G Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
11 of 13

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for the links! 

Because I generally avoid hourly jobs, I read the article on fixed-price project payments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't appear freelancers have the option to submit expense invoices. Instead, the article contains instructions on how clients can make bonus payments. What I'm suggesting is that freelancers receive the option to submit expense invoices instead of having to message the clients to ask them to send bonus payments. 

Besides the fact that most of my clients would prefer to get invoices, this issue speaks to my larger complaint about freelancers having no control over project management. IRL, contractors are the ones who set milestones, send invoices, etc..

podcaststudio
Community Leader
Michael O Member Since: Mar 28, 2016
12 of 13

Peter G, I agree with the issues you've raised and am waiting to see what responses come in. 

russtice
Community Leader
Russell T Member Since: Jul 25, 2015
13 of 13

Valeria,

I do understand that. Trying to explain that to my clients is a whole other ball of wax as you could imagine. My clients don't want to bother with the process, it's that simple(path of least resistance). Like I said in my post this feature should be available to both the freelancers as well as the client. As you can see, It's not just me that thinks this way. Go ahead ask both sides. 

Perhaps the graphic below will hit home

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS