cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to block a client?

Ace Contributor
James H Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
1 of 28

Can anyone tell me how to block a client please?

I have an idiot trying to get me to respond to his job outside of upwork and refusing to discuss what the payment would be, etc.

I've reported it, but in the meantime, how to block such fools to avoid wasting any more of my time?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
2 of 28

I don't know about you, but I would just ignore any other new messages from that client...

Ace Contributor
James H Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
3 of 28

Ignoring is fine on other platforms, but here when I receive a notification I naturally open up messages promptly to see what my clients want. Blocking was the best option.

Community Leader
Grant C Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
4 of 28

Another wayto block a client is to withdraw the proposal.   You will be prompted to select a reason for withdrawing.  Underneath that section  is a check box: 'Block this client from sending me any future invitations'

Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
BEST ANSWER
5 of 28

This is very simple, go to your message center and click on the client chat and then click  on the client name and you will see block option.

block.jpg

Jessica J Member Since: May 25, 2016
6 of 28

Is this option only available if you haven't already worked with a client? I have a client who was basically horrible and he's asking about more work. I'd like to be able to block him but I am not seeing this option where it's shown in the screen cap above.  I see add to group but nothing below it. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 28

Hi Jessica,

Do you still have an active contract with the client? You won't be able to block a client in Messages if you have an active contract with them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Jessica J Member Since: May 25, 2016
8 of 28

I do. That makes sense now. When that's at a close, I will do it. Thanks!

Kenneth A Member Since: Apr 7, 2017
9 of 28

Thanks Muhammad I

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 28

Hi James,

I see Muhammad has already shared instructions on how to block a user in Messages, please let me know if you need further assistance.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS