cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to block a client?

Micaela J Member Since: Mar 1, 2015
31 of 42

Hello! Will a blocked client still be able to see my profile?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 42

Hi Micaela,

If your profile is public, then anybody is able to see it including clients you've blocked from contacting you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Cynthia T Member Since: Nov 17, 2017
33 of 42
Is this only possible in the website view?

The mobile app doesn't show this feature?

Also, will blocking a person stop showing their jobs to you? There's an "agency" I'm not interested in working with.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
34 of 42

Hi Cynthia,

Let me check with the team regarding the block feature on Mobile App.

Blocking a client in Messages won't hide their jobs from your Job Feed and Search.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Elba A Member Since: Feb 28, 2017
35 of 42

@Valeria K wrote:

Blocking a client in Messages won't hide their jobs from your Job Feed and Search.

Valeria

Got it, but once the client is blocked, he won't be able to hire me again, I mean he won't be able to send me an offer, like never, even if he visits my profile and use the "Green Hire" button? Will that button be Gray out?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
36 of 42

Hi Elba,

Yes, you described the blocking process correctly but please let us know if you experience anything differently.

Zaida R Member Since: Sep 3, 2020
37 of 42

Hi

I just blocked a client who i have refunded for his own mistakes. i do not want to do anythig with him anymore. but when i ended the contract, it asked me to rate him. naturally the rating was low but i didnt give feedback. though blocked, and contract ended, payment refunded, will he still be able to rate me? i would expect he will rate be low but i will dispute. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
38 of 42

Zaida R wrote:

I just blocked a client who i have refunded for his own mistakes. i do not want to do anythig with him anymore. but when i ended the contract, it asked me to rate him. naturally the rating was low but i didnt give feedback. though blocked, and contract ended, payment refunded, will he still be able to rate me? i would expect he will rate be low but i will dispute. 

The client can still give you private feedback, and the "nothing paid" contract will also have a negative effect on your future Job Success Score. No feedback will show on your profile from the client if the contract was fully refunded.

Zaida R Member Since: Sep 3, 2020
39 of 42
Thank you. there was a 2 hr time only that he paid. 10 hrs was refunded, that's what he asked
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
40 of 42

Zaida wrote:
Thank you. there was a 2 hr time only that he paid. 10 hrs was refunded, that's what he asked

Then the client can leave both public and private feedback.

Zaida wrote:
i would expect he will rate be low but i will dispute.

Feedback can rarely be disputed

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS