🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to block negative feedback after mediatio...
Page options
nadias1
Community Member

How to block negative feedback after mediation

Hi

I dealt with a client who did not want to pay for work done. In order to get a refund she lodged a dispute. A mediation was conducted and I provided proof of all my work done, hours logged, tasks completed, etc. - basically I could prove my entire case as having done the job and logging honest hours. The client could not and did not provide any proof of her claims and the mediation was ended, meaning she lost her case. Now she has ended the contract and I fear she will provide negative feedback out of spite, especially since she could not get her way in mediation. How does Upwork deal with this? A client who has lost in mediation should not be given the opportunity to provide feedback, as naturally they would want some 'revenge.' Also a negative feedback for a freelancer is worse than for a client who hardly/never uses Upwork.

1 REPLY 1
wlyonsatl
Community Member

You're right, Nadia S., a client whose claims for compensation were completely rejected by Upwork should not be allowed to leave feedback for the freelancer. But it would probably also be fair to not allow the freelancer to leave feedback for the client, as that feedback is likely also to be less-than-evenhanded.

Instead, Upwork should provide public information about how often each client and freelancer has been involved in refunds, project cancellations, etc. One or two such problems over the course of a long history on Upwork are probably inevitable, but a pattern of such problems is a different kettle of fish.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members