🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to buy connects from Bangladesh?
Page options
shawon30642
Community Member

How to buy connects from Bangladesh?

Hello Everyone,

I am a new freelancer in Upwork. Recently after updating their policy, Upwork will take cost ($.15) for New Connects. As a result, after some days, I finishded my old connects from my account. Now I have only 2 Connects in my account. But I want to buy some connects. I have tried my City Bank AMEX (American Express) Debit Card and it says that there are something wrong with this. I've tried so hard for buying some connects. Please help me to buy some connects.

Currently, I live in Bangladesh and I can't buy connects from Upwork and there are no perfect solution about this in this forum.

Thanks, I am eagerly waiting for your response.

Regards,

Mehedi Hassan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mehedi Hassan,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for connects purchasing please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mehedi Hassan,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for connects purchasing please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Paypal is not available in our country. Paypal started Zoom service in our country recently. Furthermore it is very hard for a Bangladeshi to get international Debit/Credit card from banks as they require association with a Bangladeshi organization.

627d86ad
Community Member

Hi,

Also I'm fetching this problem. I've not idea how can I got upwork promo code to buy connect from bangladesh. Anyone help me please...

Thanks

Sazedul

Hi Sazedul,

You can skip the promo code field and just proceed with purchasing connects. Please note that this field is not required unless you have a promo code. 

I'd also like to let you know that we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. When we do offer promo codes, please watch out for email updates. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
joynul33
Community Member

Hi Mehedi,

You can use the Payoneer prepaid card. It will help a lot.

Thanks!

Joynul

There is no option for Bangladeshi people to load money to their Payoneer account other than receiving payments through partners like upWork, Freelancer, Fiverr, etc. or through US Payment Services. On the contrary, they can not apply for a job without connects which can only be purchased by an international credit/debit card.

Hi,
You can buy Connect using a virtual card. You can buy virtual cards from online and load dollars. Nowadays, most Bangladeshi banks offering prepaid international debit cards, which require two copies of a newly taken photo and a passport. In some cases, you have to show proof of business or online income.
Thanks
ali-mr
Community Member

Hello 

I am a new freelancer. I want to buy connects from bangladesh. Bank of Eastrant bank Credit Card. But i dont know promo code please help me buy connects.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MD. AKHER,

Feel free to leave that field empty, promo code is not required for connects purchasing.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ali-mr
Community Member

Hello sir

Then I will submit the promo code option in black

46cf73b7
Community Member

how can I get connects for upwork ?

935d1fa9
Community Member

Hello Mehedi Hassan,

It's great that you're eager to continue your freelancing journey on Upwork. I understand that you're facing some difficulties with purchasing connects using your City Bank AMEX Debit Card from Bangladesh.

07cde080
Community Member

Some banks require users to enable online transactions for certain websites or platforms. Check if your bank has such a feature and make sure that Upwork is added to the list of approved websites.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members