🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to cancel name change request
Page options
hannah_gl
Community Member

How to cancel name change request

Hi there, 

I know this question has been asked many times before, but have been unable to find an answer that details who I can contact to fix this problem or where to find them. 

I put in a name change request because I wanted my married name listed rather than my maiden one. However, I didn't realise this would require identity confirmation and I don't have the required documentation because I have not officially changed my name yet. Since I am unable to do so for a while, I just want to cancel the name change request and continue under my current name. 

If I could be put in touch with someone who can do this, or directed to someone who can help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah, 

Please know that your name-change request has already been cancelled.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
104d1c90
Community Member

Hi, Hannah:

Based upon my own experience, I believe this is something you'll need to open a Chat Request with Support in order to resolve.  As far as I've been able to determine, once the request is in, you cannot cancel it through the dashboard.  Having said that, it's been a while since I dealt with this issue.  Have you tried changing the name again, back to the original name on your profile?

Best,

Erin

theVAfirm

Thanks for the response, unfortunately, it seems that trying to change the name back won't work because technically the name hasn't changed yet, it still displays my maiden name and going in to edit it again doesn't make any difference. 

I can't seem to figure out how to open a chat request with support, I only seem to be able to contact bots that don't understand my issue. Thankfully though, a moderator has caught on to my problem and I may not have to worry. Thank you all the same, I really appreciate it. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah, 

I've asked assistance from the team so that they can look into this further. I'll let you know once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hannah_gl
Community Member

Thank you very much for the assistance. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah, 

Please know that your name-change request has already been cancelled.

~ Avery
Upwork
hannah_gl
Community Member

Thanks again for your vigilance and your help, I really appreciate it. 

4fd7747f
Community Member

Hello, Avery.
I'd like to cancel my name change request as well.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Hi Alex,

Our team will cancel your name change request. If you have any additional questions let us know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Team,

I also want to cancel my name change request, please support.

HI Touseef, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you filed for a name change request. Let us know if our team can assist you further with anything.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Every,

Please view the attached file and suggest.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Touseef,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I want to cancel my name change request as well...

I'm going through the ID verification stage, I don't want it affected.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Temitope,

Our team will cancel your request as soon as possible, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, please I’ll also like to cancel my name change request

Hi Amelia,

Our team will cancel your request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! Can someone also please cancel my name-change request? thank you

Hi, I need to cancel my name change request please.
My name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, and my identity card is in Arabic, and in English we can write it as : Amani / Ameni
On my passport it's written Amani, and in my bank account its Ameni
So when I entered my bank details it refused to process because of the difference in letters.
I sent a request to change my name to be the same like my bank account (Ameni), and after some hours I called my bank and I updated them because I want my name to be the same like my passport, so they changed it into Amani. And now there is no need to change it on upwork, I wanted to remain how it was. Any help please.
Thank you so much

Hi Amani,

I checked and could see that you were able to change it back successfully. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you so much, everything is well now.

Hello Goran,
I'd like to cancel my name change request as well.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Hi Sheeraz,

I can see that you already have a support ticket with the relevant team regarding your concern. Kindly allow more time for them to get back to you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello! Can someone please help me to cancel my request to change my name/surname?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Marifel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
marifel27
Community Member

Thank you very much for your very quick response to my request. It's already been handled. Thank you Upwork team! 🙂 Be safe

Dear mam/sir

I want to cancel my name change request so kindly cancel my request thanks sir 

Hi Jameel,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you sir i am waiting

5ede8e43
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

Can I also request for the cancellation of my name change. Thanks

Hi Jona Mae,

I have forwarded your request to the team. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket shortly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
de13a163
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I also want to cancel my Name Change request. Please help

Thank you,

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, Avery

I'm not able to cancel my name change request. Kindly look forward to this issue. 

Thanks

Hi there, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
998e2ed4
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Can I also cancel my name change request?

Thank you for your support. 

Hi Eriobunah,

Arjay here stepping in for Avery. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your request the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
eddy_07
Community Member

Pls i need to cancel my name change request,
I want to go through the verification before any other step

Hi Kosiso,

It looks like your name change was already approved. Currently you are not required to complete any additional verification. Our team will reach out to you directly if they need any additional information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eddy_07
Community Member

Thanks so much, just saw it
This team is the best.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths