Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel name change request

Highlighted
Hannah G Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
1 of 21

Hi there, 

I know this question has been asked many times before, but have been unable to find an answer that details who I can contact to fix this problem or where to find them. 

I put in a name change request because I wanted my married name listed rather than my maiden one. However, I didn't realise this would require identity confirmation and I don't have the required documentation because I have not officially changed my name yet. Since I am unable to do so for a while, I just want to cancel the name change request and continue under my current name. 

If I could be put in touch with someone who can do this, or directed to someone who can help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance

Highlighted
Erin B Member Since: Mar 22, 2017
2 of 21

Hi, Hannah:

Based upon my own experience, I believe this is something you'll need to open a Chat Request with Support in order to resolve.  As far as I've been able to determine, once the request is in, you cannot cancel it through the dashboard.  Having said that, it's been a while since I dealt with this issue.  Have you tried changing the name again, back to the original name on your profile?

Best,

Erin

theVAfirm

Highlighted
3 of 21

Thanks for the response, unfortunately, it seems that trying to change the name back won't work because technically the name hasn't changed yet, it still displays my maiden name and going in to edit it again doesn't make any difference. 

I can't seem to figure out how to open a chat request with support, I only seem to be able to contact bots that don't understand my issue. Thankfully though, a moderator has caught on to my problem and I may not have to worry. Thank you all the same, I really appreciate it. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 21

Hi Hannah, 

I've asked assistance from the team so that they can look into this further. I'll let you know once I have more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 21

Thank you very much for the assistance. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
6 of 21

Hi Hannah, 

Please know that your name-change request has already been cancelled.

-Avery
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
7 of 21

Thanks again for your vigilance and your help, I really appreciate it. 

Highlighted
Alex P Member Since: Nov 3, 2019
8 of 21

Hello, Avery.
I'd like to cancel my name change request as well.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 21

Hi Alex,

Our team will cancel your name change request. If you have any additional questions let us know, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Touseef Q Member Since: Feb 10, 2020
10 of 21

Hi Team,

I also want to cancel my name change request, please support.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS