🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to cancel name change request
Page options
hannah_gl
Community Member

How to cancel name change request

Hi there, 

I know this question has been asked many times before, but have been unable to find an answer that details who I can contact to fix this problem or where to find them. 

I put in a name change request because I wanted my married name listed rather than my maiden one. However, I didn't realise this would require identity confirmation and I don't have the required documentation because I have not officially changed my name yet. Since I am unable to do so for a while, I just want to cancel the name change request and continue under my current name. 

If I could be put in touch with someone who can do this, or directed to someone who can help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah, 

Please know that your name-change request has already been cancelled.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
aec0a64a
Community Member

Hello!

Could you please cancel my request to change name? Thank you in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikita,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e029fb52
Community Member

Hi Team.
Can I have my name change request canceled please?
Thank you in advance

Hi Joaquin,

I checked, and it looks like your name change request has already been processed and the status is "approved". 

~ Joanne
Upwork
syedmaizaz
Community Member

HI,

I also want to cancel my name change request.I just used a variation earlier and i don't want to change it.

Someone Please cancel the name change request for me.

Hi Syed,

Your name change request was canceled. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar!

Can you please help me with my request?

c39bcfa8
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm also having the same issue.  I used my married name and I only have my social security card right now.  I would like to be reverted back to my maiden name until I get that sorted.  I have a job opportunity right now that I might miss because this is not allowing me to accept jobs. 

Please help!

Alisha N.

Hi Alisha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much!

iqrabashir
Community Member

Hi. Please help!

Someone tried to change my name on Upwork. My profile was previously verified but it's not anymore. I am working on a project right now and I want to cancel the name change request. I have already sent my ID for verification please cancel the name change request. 

It's urgent please help me.

Looking forward to your response.

Hi Iqra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie Jane,

Can I also request for my name change today to be cancelled. Thanks!

73d4612e
Community Member

I would like to cancel my request for a name change. Kindly provide support. Thank you.

Hi M,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members