🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to cancel without harming me? Please, hel...
Page options
viniciusneves
Community Member

How to cancel without harming me? Please, help!

Hi. Hope you can help me, please.

A client hired me for a fixed-price design project just a few hours ago.
I uploaded a video of my idea and he mentioned that it's better to cancel the project - because it didn't flow well.
Honestly, I don't care about the value/work that was done. I just wouldn't want to have my profile harmed because of that, I'm just started. 😞

What is the best course of action to be adopted in this case? I read that it is not possible to "cancel" projects on the platform.
Please, help me! 

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Of course it's possible to cancel projects, for both freelancers and clients. You should close the project yourself and hope that the client doesn't leave a review. (There's nothing to prevent him from doing so if he wants to, though.)

Hi Christine!
In this case, to cancel should I go to "end contract"? I can't find an option to exactly cancel.

I've heard that if I don't charge and keep $0 in the contract (no earnings) it's bad for my JSS.

And if I give a refund to the customer, would that be good in this case?

Vinicius K wrote:

Hi Christine!
In this case, to cancel should I go to "end contract"? I can't find an option to exactly cancel.

I've heard that if I don't charge and keep $0 in the contract (no earnings) it's bad for my JSS.

And if I give a refund to the customer, would that be good in this case?

Yes, you would go to "end contract." And $0 earnings don't hurt your JSS (any more), your JSS will only be affected if the client leaves bad private feedback.

I can't tell you whether or not to give a refund to the customer - that's your decision. But why not wait and see whether he even gives you bad feedback first? He might not bother.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members