cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change VAT number

Nuno L Member Since: May 25, 2016
1 of 22

My VAT number was not accepted I believe because I didn't put the country letters before it. How do I change it? When I go to tax information the only option I have there is to remove it, and if I choose that a window pops up that "removing VAT exemption cannot be undone. Are you sure you want to do this?". So how do I change it without losing this?

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 22

Hi Nuno,

This is something you'll need to contact our Customer Support team to help with, per the instructions here.  Let us know if you have any difficulty getting in touch, support.upwork.com.

Michael B Member Since: Sep 29, 2016
3 of 22

Hi Garnor

I hope you don't mind me getting on this thread. I need to change my VAT number as requested by Upwork but I cannot find how to contact the Customer Support Team. Can you help with this please?

Thanks

Mike

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 22

Hi Mike,

I've asked our team to reset your tax form and you can now fill in the correct details.

Michael B Member Since: Sep 29, 2016
5 of 22

Hi Vladimir

Thanks for your help. I've been to my settings and the only option under Tax Information is to remove VAT exemption which then cannot be undone. Am I following the right procedure here?

Regards

Mike

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 22

Hi Mike,

Yes, please remove the existing VAT number by using that link and re-add the correct one. Please also make sure to add your name in the tax form.

Emma S Member Since: Apr 17, 2018
7 of 22

Hello, I need to change my Vat number. It wasn't accepted maybe because I didn't put the country letters. Do i need to remove the wrong one and then put the correct one? Thanks.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 22

Hi Emma,

Once you go to your VAT section on the right side you will see a green button "Remove". You can use this button to remove the current VAT number and add it again. Thank you!

Untitled
Emma S Member Since: Apr 17, 2018
9 of 22

Thank you very much! 

Betty S Member Since: Sep 9, 2019
10 of 22

Hi,

I also have a question about the VAT number. I entered it without the country letters and the number didn't get accepted. I removed it following the steps you explain in this forum and I entered it with the letters. I got rejected again. I asked my boss (the owner of the company) to write a letter and authorize me to use the data. Plus, I sent my contract with the company to the support team to prove I am part of  it. I got no answer at all.

I am very surprised with the poor customer support. I would really expect a much higher level from a platform with such high fees. If our client did not work exclusively on Upwork I wouldn't use it for sure. But anyhow, would you please advise me on how to get the VAT number validated, please?

Thank you in advance.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS